Re: titanfall 2 offline multiplayer

by EA_David

Original Post

titanfall 2 offline multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi Guys,

Cant find this anywhere on the interwebs.

Does Titanfall 2 have offline bots, as in pilots that players usually take control of?

Also does the offline mode allow you to rank up or do you have everything unlocked at the beginning?

I am thinking of buying Titanfall 2.

I ask this as I am worried that the online population (Oceanic/Australian) will fall very low.

Cheers,

Message 1 of 8 (37,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@CrysisRegnum Hi, Titanfall 2 has an offline campaign. You play as a single pilot with his titan through a series of levels as a story unfolds.

While there are some boss arena-style fights and the campaign does share plenty of skills and concepts with the multiplayer, it's not intended to imitate a multiplayer match. You may want to check some reviews for the campaign portion of the game, it's (rightfully in my opinion) held in high regard. 

The multiplayer portion of the game does have some AI, but they aren't intended to be a substitute for players and are more of a mildly threatening side objective. 
There aren't any modes outside of the campaign where you can fight just the AI. 

Oh and to answer your other question, campaign progress is totally separate from multiplayer progress.

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (36,987 Views)

★ Novice
I wish developers would reconsider adding an offline mode to games. My intetnet is down now and im unable to play titanfall because of this. I am also not able to play with my kids or friends since there is no split screen. We usually have to resort back to CoD, Battlefront Skirmish, or Gears of War for this reason. The arguments ive seen against having a mode like this must not be accurate considering Battlefront was able to successfully acheve this. Its nice to have the option to go back and play older games long after servers are empty....especially since we dole out hundreds of dollars to game developers to own these titles.
Message 3 of 8 (36,230 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I'm personally a big fan of co-op/local gaming and for many years  I would dedicate the whole launch day of a popular sci-fi shooter to playing through in co-op.

If this was added in a future Titanfall I'd be absolutely delighted. Unfortunately I have no indicator if this will happen, but if that direction is chosen in future we'll be sure to let folks know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (36,198 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Can you please add local and vs against bots in the next update
Message 5 of 8 (36,050 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank that will make more people buy it
Message 6 of 8 (36,049 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

add offline multiplayer please

Message 7 of 8 (5,720 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Titanfall 2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (5,643 Views)