Re: player number balancing -BF1

by spitfiresiemion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

player number balancing -BF1

★★★★★ Newbie

No need for a long text. Basically, why would you allow, in a BF1 domination game, one team getting 20+ players and the other with 7????? You should launch an auto balance that moves random squads to the less populated team, or even multiply the points earned with each flag.

Message 1 of 2 (498 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

While I have some issues with the balancer myself, there is a couple of things to mention first:

1) We're a player-based tech support forum - we can't really do anything about game-related feedback. forums.battlefield.com is for that.

2) The reason why the balancer ends up working that way is the fact is that it scrambles teams before loading next map. If people leave after the scrambling, it results in things like 12vs7 at round start.

3) Autobalancer pretty much does not work during middle of the round (and it always was like this with developer-created balancers), so it can't react to one side leaving. Would I like to see it changed? Yes. Do I see it happening? Probably not, as it's one of these 'no matter what happens, someone is punished without deserving it' situations.

4) 20vs7 situation is impossible, as on Domination the game prevents teams from having more than 12 people (plus, server limit is 24 players).

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (597 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

While I have some issues with the balancer myself, there is a couple of things to mention first:

1) We're a player-based tech support forum - we can't really do anything about game-related feedback. forums.battlefield.com is for that.

2) The reason why the balancer ends up working that way is the fact is that it scrambles teams before loading next map. If people leave after the scrambling, it results in things like 12vs7 at round start.

3) Autobalancer pretty much does not work during middle of the round (and it always was like this with developer-created balancers), so it can't react to one side leaving. Would I like to see it changed? Yes. Do I see it happening? Probably not, as it's one of these 'no matter what happens, someone is punished without deserving it' situations.

4) 20vs7 situation is impossible, as on Domination the game prevents teams from having more than 12 people (plus, server limit is 24 players).

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 2 (598 Views)