name change update desperately needed

by TommyP44

Original Post

Re: name change update desperately needed

★★★ Novice

That could be do to an "age check" that apparently takes place when you originally signed up. I have the same problem. I signed up for one of my grand kids. He played the game for about two months, levelled up pretty good, and lost interest, so I took over. I just kept on going, levelled up even further, and sort got hooked on the game. I really enjoy it ... enough so that I actually spend money on it. 

Eventually it came that I wanted to change my name from the everybody-gets "Mol Eliza" name, but could not find the edit pencil. When I approached EA support about it they said I could not change my name because of the age check. So, here's where my problem comes in ... They (EA & Apple) have absolutely no problem whatsoever accepting my credit card, but they won't change my name or upgrade my account because of the initial age check. Honestly, what 7 year old has a credit card ??? It's really a logical extension that if you have a credit card, you must be of age, so why not allow the account to be "upgraded" to an adult account ???

What would happen if a player signed up as underage, then turned of age while playing the game ??? I suspect they are stuck with an underage account for life.

If I had to guess, the programmers never included code to change from a underage account to an adult account and that is why if you don't sign up with an adult account, you will never get one. You will never be able to speak with your clan mates, and you will never be able to change your name.

I ask EA Support, in fact I dare EA Support to prove me wrong.

Message 11 of 12 (513 Views)

Re: name change update desperately needed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Everyone I feel your pain I have been playing this game for two years and I have been stuck with “Mol Eliza” and never been in any guild for more then a week because of my underage account ea you need to do something please
Message 12 of 12 (319 Views)