name change update desperately needed

by TommyP44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

name change update desperately needed

★★★ Newbie

You need to allow for a name change, with chrystals if necessary.  I choose Mol Eliza assuming it would be unique, only to be gravely disappointed and frustrated that hundreds of online players share my glory...they share my name.  Not acceptable.

Message 1 of 12 (2,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: name change update desperately needed

Community Manager

@TommyP44 Thanks. It seems that this is something that support should be able to help with and is being looked into. 

If you contact support they should be able to get the ball rolling on this. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

It's worth noting that any name is likely to have duplicates, though, especially since there's no barrier to creating a name. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (3,091 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TommyP44 What product is this for? If you mean for Origin please check this article for how to proceed. 

https://help.ea.com/za/article/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First, thank you for replying.  I did not expect that.  I have never participated in a forum before and I am lost.  I am trying to post for the new mobile game Star Wars Galaxy of Heros.  Anyway, yeah you need to make a name change available.  Hundreds of other players have my name.

Message 3 of 12 (2,264 Views)

Community Manager

@TommyP44 Thanks. It seems that this is something that support should be able to help with and is being looked into. 

If you contact support they should be able to get the ball rolling on this. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

It's worth noting that any name is likely to have duplicates, though, especially since there's no barrier to creating a name. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 12 (3,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I had the same problem.

In the top left corner of the game screen you will see Player level with a progress bar beneath it.  Click on that and bext to the player name should be a pencil, click on that and enter the name you want.

I tried to enter my name when I started the game but somehow ended up with the same name you have Mol Elviza.  Now its one of my own choosing.

I think it would help lots of people if an inbox message could be sent to everyone as I am sure that its frustrating fir all that have this one seemingky generic player name.  It would also be helpful if on choosing a name the uniqueness was checked so that we all have individual names.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 12 (2,216 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Megamundo52

Just to confirm: is your post also related to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?

Message 6 of 12 (2,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello Tom

Yes it is Galaxy of Heroes. Until the recent update we were unable to change the player name ans a large number of players all have tge same name which is confusing when looking at the list of Ally's or in the arena battles.  I have only recenly started playing the game and already have 5 allys all called Mol Elvira, when borrowing a hero its difficult to know if you are using an Allys character or someoe elses.  It does not matter too much I suppose but I feel it would be better if duplicated names were not possible.  Technical support changed my name for me and in their email told me it was now possible to do it myself via the profike.  On checking other family members they have the same ability now too as it was included in the last update.

I do not recall seeing an inbox messge highlighting this name changing improvement and feel it would be very helpfil if everyone was made aware via the in game inbox newsletter.

Message 7 of 12 (2,184 Views)

Community Manager

@Megamundo52 Hi,

It looks like the thread got accidentally split, I have merged the posts together again and moved the thread to its intended forum: STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes > Feedback and Suggestions

Like I said previously in another post to you, I have suggested the in-game mail to the team and if that isn't possible we should at least have a guide on how to change your name prominently posted here: http://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/

Cheers,

Nils

@TommyP44 Hi there,

Name changes are now possible, just go to the home screen and then click on your level in the top left. On the next screen you will see your profile. Tap your name in the top left there and pick a new one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 12 (2,160 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Nope still no way to change name.  Us installed and re installed as suggested, nada!  Have waited for hours for chat support and never had anyone show up.  Have written 5 e-mails all to be told exactly nothing helpful!  They must fix this issue of name changing and age verification!!!  It is my only but a BIG complaint with Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes 

Message 9 of 12 (1,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Feel your pain! I have the exact same proplem, my wife can change her name as described on the forum, or help, but I have no option to. Nor can I read or write messages to my guild mates. I had always assumed because I was using an older generation iPad that I didn't have access to these features, but just bought a brand new iPad and the problem persists.

Message 10 of 12 (1,777 Views)