Mass Effect Andromeda Not Saving Game

by Pegamus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda Not Saving Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Have had to restart my game for the third time. It is not auto-saving my progress or my customized character. It gives no message about there being any problems, but there is no load option for either saved games or even worse, it says my customized character isn't there. There doesn't seem to be any Document files for this game, unlike other games by EA.

Message 1 of 15 (17,476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mass effect andromeda game is not saving

★★★ Novice

Found that the folder the Save Data was to be stored in was set to "Read Only", so removed that requirement and changed the Admin access rules for the folder to allow full access as well, just in case.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (20,037 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Found that the folder the Save Data was to be stored in was set to "Read Only", so removed that requirement and changed the Admin access rules for the folder to allow full access as well, just in case.

Message 2 of 15 (20,038 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue but not sure where the Saved Data folder is located.  I have a folder under My Documents with other Bioware games save data but ME:A is not there.  

Spent a couple of hours playing only to have to start over from the very beginning.  Makes the game virtually unplayable.

Message 3 of 15 (17,186 Views)

@DragonTruscott

It seems that MEA can't access your "Documents" folder.

Try to run Origin or the "MassEffectAndromeda.exe" as administrator.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 15 (17,179 Views)

★ Guide

I run MEA from a desktop short cut by right clicking "run as administrator" and have no save/load issues.  I've been doing this for all my games since switching to Windows 10 and it's eliminated any starting/saving/loading issues with the games I've played recently.

Message 5 of 15 (17,163 Views)

★★ Novice

@holger1405 wrote:

@DragonTruscott

It seems that MEA can't access your "Documents" folder.

Try to run Origin or the "MassEffectAndromeda.exe" as administrator.

That did the trick!  Thank you!  

Message 6 of 15 (17,129 Views)

@DragonTruscott

You're welcome.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 7 of 15 (17,071 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope I'm doing this right, but I run the exe as administrator through the desktop and still won't save. I've been trying like 5 times in a row I probably have that entire intro sequence memorized. 

The game shows the autosave icon but doesn't do a thing actually saving the game.

Message 8 of 15 (16,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried both of these fixes and neither one worked. When i took the folder off read only but when i went back to check it marked as read only again. Ran game as administrator and still no autosave, no load options at all. And I swear If i have to play the prologue mission one more time im going to return the game

Message 9 of 15 (16,775 Views)

@taimyshoo @ineedcalculator1

Did you also run Origin as Admin?

If that also not works then there is probably a permissions problem at your system. Moving the standard "Documents" folder to the drive where the game is installed could solve that. 

Message 10 of 15 (16,646 Views)