mass effect andromeda dlc

by koling3

Original Post

Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

★★★★ Novice

I have Mass Effects 1,2 and 3 with all DLC for each game

I have played Mass Effects Andromeda Ultimate single player 2x and working a 3rd.

EA when can we expect Andromeda DLC ?

Message 61 of 134 (3,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I like you are a massive fan, but i think the mass effect IP is dead, as they have decided to create a Destiny clone instead, which is a shame as i thought this game was good, with intriguing plot arcs leading up to the other releases. I wont be buying another ea game. 

Message 62 of 134 (3,307 Views)

★★ Guide

Would be nice to get a DLC, at least to set things right with the current ending. Not to mention that a follow up game would be nice to see what happens with the kett and the remnant, but i think this is wishful thinking.

Message 63 of 134 (3,291 Views)

★ Apprentice

considdering they are regularly releasing multiplayer content such as new characters and items i would say its a safe bet that we will see some sort of dlc in the near future... weather its a multiplayer pack or horse armor idk but, i know that it would be a waste of money to stop all development now and wait say idk... 5+ yrs for the next Mass effect game (as they said  they putting the franchise on ice for the moment). and we all know EA... if theres money theres dollar signs in theyr eyes... wich well.. yea. 

on the other less reasonable more fan base wise side, i think fans would be more than happy to have say a huge mega dlc with new maps new items etc (shivvering isles style) that just "fix everything". i for sure would. with all those things in mind i think it would be wired NOT to recieve a dlc... or at least a "biggger better" sequel. 

ofc i dont know sht im just a guy from norway but still... im just looking at it reasonably.

Message 64 of 134 (2,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

It will take longer the more that people urge Bioware to add DLC. Multiplayer is one of the smaller things, it may add up to possible inclusions in future DLC.

It usually takes a few months, to a year for a game to add DLC, in Andromeda's case, they'll start (most likely) when most of the bugs are squished in Andromeda. The fact that they're also working on Anthem also points that DLC for Andromeda will take time for developing and releasing it publicly.

I'm perfectly fine with them releasing updates, I don't care what others say about the damned game because it's fine, DLC or not.

Message 65 of 134 (2,377 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Cynder1111 Yeh reckon your right about the dlc release, BioWare be busy with Anthem and patches for Andromeda and multi-player. I'm done with all the negative reviews. Just concentrating on enjoying the game and looking forward to some news down the line. Nuf said
Message 66 of 134 (2,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LocoShep wrote:
Cynder1111 Yeh reckon your right about the dlc release, BioWare be busy with Anthem and patches for Andromeda and multi-player.

BioWare has four teams spread over three studios. Anthem and MEA are games from two separate studios (Edmonton and Montreal), so development of Anthem shouldn't affect patching.

As for DLCs, that usually goes to whichever studio has the most time. For instance, BioWare Edmonton made Dragon Age Inquisition, but one of the DLCs (The Descent) was made by the studio in Texas.

@Cynder1111 wrote:

It usually takes a few months, to a year for a game to add DLC, in Andromeda's case, they'll start (most likely) when most of the bugs are squished in Andromeda.

DLC development started a while ago because Jules de Jongh had already voiced new lines for Cora back in May. I believe BioWare usually starts development on the first DLC right before the base game launches.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 67 of 134 (2,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What are you talking about it took years to make? It only took 18 months to make.
Message 68 of 134 (2,120 Views)

★ Guide

Game Informer is stating that no DLC has been planned, ever. Though they don't really say what makes them say it.

Message 69 of 134 (2,082 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@admcmei86 wrote:

Game Informer is stating that no DLC has been planned, ever. Though they don't really say what makes them say it.

Yeah, I'm going to take that with a small 100kg grain of salt.

Message 70 of 134 (2,079 Views)