Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

by KerandG

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
I have a lot of games and some of them I regret buying. But ME:A is not one of them. I have only had 2 or 3 problems but that is to be expected these days but I would never say the game was unplayable. I'm on my 2nd play thru now and still enjoy it. And I'm used to games like Crysis 1 thru 3.
Message 91 of 134 (2,439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't doubt that there are people that regreted buying Andromeda, but a lot of them maybe played it for few hours when it had the problems we all know and then stoped. So they just keep saying it is bad based on their initial expirience, but if they give MEA a chance now i am sure majority of this people will change their ideas.

It is enough to go under facebook posts to see that the number of people who are saying that after playing Andromeda thay actually like the game and the number of people talking shi..thas decreased, because it was funny and made them feel part of the group when it was cool to talk bad about MEA.

The problem i see here is that people need reasons to come back and retry Andromeda or play it even more, BioWare/EA even gave a trial which in my opinion is a good thing but if people who tried the 10h trial go and what to buy the game, but they see online news that maybe there will be no DLC and future content for MEA they might think twice before buying it even if enjoyed the trial.

Now with a new "Boss" and the hate train calmed down.... Well my Hopes are really up for GamesCom 2017 in August. I think we are all expecting a GREAT DLC so BioWare better don't disapoint us with only a few hours of new content Standard smile

Message 92 of 134 (2,368 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
KerandG - Good points you said there, the game has been cleaned alot since release. All the players who initially gave up on it early on, if they went back to it now they'd really enjoy it and see it for what it truly is, and that's a fantastic game...
Message 93 of 134 (2,347 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You no maybe if we just keep blogging and filling up these channels with questions and discussions (positive) then that will show bioware that there's huge amounts of interest in the game and a sequel. I mean I come on here for hope alone, but also to listen to ideas and what others are thinking and to share ideas.. But mostly just hope, it mite be small thinking but we fill up these discussions with positive feedback and ideas and hope that bioware probes these channels for feedback and ideas and to see how much interest there is in the series... I mean most of this discussion has been peeps talking about hopeful dlc and a sequel, there hasn't been much of anyone on here stating they hated the game. And on other channels much of the same as well.. Which is all positive, and I truly believe that most of the bitching has come from YouTube and that alone just proves that it's gamers that watched clips rather than actually played the game themselves! I mean not all the negative stuff came from YouTube but il bet my 💰💰💰 that most of it did.. The games been fixed for 90% of players now, yes there's still a few bugs here and there but that's just modern gaming now. Bugs are part of all gaming.. As far as I'm concerned (and most of you il bet) it's a fantastic game that's absolutely huge in scale and full of interesting to amazing characters - that = a borderline master piece... But the problem is that because it had such a * start, that will scar it'd memory indefinitely probably, so it'll never be concidered better than it actually is. Which is a * damn shame if you ask me! For now it's all about tying up bug reports and the odd patch here and there for MP, but in a few months we absolutely have to expect dlc news. We have to show bioware and ea that were not hopeful of dlc - but expecting it! Most (if not all) modern day great games get dlc, so why should Andromeda be any different? Just because it had a so called shaky start (which I think we all can totally agree was blown stupidly out of proportion) doesn't mean that's it..... They worked very hard to get out patches fast to fix them and make the game look better. And now its looking fantastic. Job done.... You never know what's round the corner do you........ I mean who the hell could of predicted we'd get a * batarian for multi-player? What's next I ask.........??
Message 94 of 134 (2,286 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Wall... of... text... there, buddy.

Message 95 of 134 (2,271 Views)

★★ Novice

More DLC for story mode is always welcome. Hopefully they release a Pathfinders dlc with the deep space suit, pathfinder's weapon and more story around the Ryder family/other pathfinders.(Sorry, I think the deluxe upgrade is overkill :P).

Message 96 of 134 (2,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too would like to know when we will see Andromeda DLC for Single player with the game referencing  the meridian video and now we are hearing that EA is absorbing Bioware Montreal.

Seems all they care about is multi-player. I have Super Deluxe Edition and feel cheated.

Come on EA and give us the Mass Effect Andromeda DLC that we payed our hard earned money

I have Mass Effect 1 ,2 and 3 with all DLC and would like to see more support for single player.

Message 97 of 134 (2,176 Views)

★★★ Pro

I wish they would show some sign of continued support for single player storyline, there is so much more to tell, but after recent news and events etc.. its hard to see what their plans are for me:a.. at least the shorter term anyway.. some people reckon it could be 4-5 years before we see anything more mass effect now.. i really hope that guess is wrong.

Message 98 of 134 (2,152 Views)

This really could go either way...

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 99 of 134 (2,099 Views)

Hero

Now that BioWare Montreal is no more (lead designer Ian Frazier confirmed he now works at Motive), I can imagine the following scenarios:

1. DLC is finished and going through testing / certification.
  2. DLC is being developed at BioWare Edmonton.
  3. DLC is being developed at BioWare Austin.
  4. No DLC is coming.

I agree it can go either way. I wouldn't be surprised it this is it for Mass Effect Andromeda.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 100 of 134 (2,090 Views)