latest Andromeda news

by VladVonCastein

Original Post

Re: latest Andromeda news

Hero

I think there are two other possibilities why BioWare hasn't officially commented on this yet.

1. BioWare has a policy not to respond to rumors. (They stated this on their old forum.)

2. BioWare usually announces DLC a few days before release.

I think if BioWare started commenting on rumors, they would be more easily baited in the future to disclose things they're not ready to share yet.

Based on release dates of past BioWare titles, DLC should be announced sometime this month or possibly August. If they haven't announced anything by September, I think it's a safe bet it's not coming.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 83 (1,024 Views)

★ Guide

I mean, if they teased the quarians up until a month ago with no DLC or sequels planned it just doesn't make any sense.

Message 32 of 83 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro
I just hope they actually rap things up with story dlc, and not books. I hate having to read about events I could have just as easily done myself.
Message 33 of 83 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Looking at how quickly EA/Bioware came out and slammed the fake company for the facebook article hoax, I am just wondering if Kotaku's article is incorrect and kotaku's article is way more widely circulated than that hoax, why is EA/Bioware management not saying anything?  

Kotaku is a media report, whereas the Facebook hoax appeared to be a company claiming an affiliation with BioWare. There was a professional obligation to answer that false claim. 

In this type of situation, the 'media' will sort it's self out when the truth is revealed, months or years from now.  It doesn't really matter if the Kotaku article is true or not. We don't have any official BioWare announcement or hype about a DLC - so there isn't one.

Message 34 of 83 (965 Views)

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Looking at how quickly EA/Bioware came out and slammed the fake company for the facebook article hoax, I am just wondering if Kotaku's article is incorrect and kotaku's article is way more widely circulated than that hoax, why is EA/Bioware management not saying anything?  

Considering the track record lately of "The Media"....recent US Presidential election....Brexit....the weather forecasts for about the last 30 years running...why should anyone blindly take their word for anything??  Read them for insight...but always figure they have an agenda too, and while they SHOULD be about truth, more often than not, it is about money or power, and an article about how a popular game franchise is in trouble WILL sell more copies/get more views than one saying while EA mucked up MEA, but they are working on fixing it and expect more money making DLC in the future...

Yeah, they may be right, they may be wrong, but they are getting paid to pontificate about it, and the "truth" is subjective and easily corrected by a well, "EA changed it's mind and they ARE releasing a new DLC," if it does happen...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 35 of 83 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Another one that I just watched last evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_tymEuT2k

Message 36 of 83 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Just more 'reporters' that can't actually research or verify their own story, so they parrot (loudly) Kotaku's rumor.

Message 37 of 83 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Just more 'reporters' that can't actually research or verify their own story, so they parrot (loudly) Kotaku's rumor.

Actually, the YouTuber who posted that video clearly outlines BioWare's track record on releasing DLC content for DragonAge and Mass Effect. He makes the point that BioWare does not promote DLC until it's very close to release. He contrasts those facts with the Kotaku article and his own opinion, so I think you're being too harsh.

I wanted to clarify that I was not bashing credible media or journalism in my previous post, merely pointing out that BioWare is the final word. Unfortunately, someone in this thread has made bias political comments on the profession.

Message 38 of 83 (904 Views)

★ Guide

So, they just teased a batarian in MP. WHAT IF THE QUARIANS ARE RELEASED AS MP CHARACTERS? Oh god please don't do this to me.

Message 39 of 83 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

I think there are two other possibilities why BioWare hasn't officially commented on this yet.

1. BioWare has a policy not to respond to rumors. (They stated this on their old forum.)

2. BioWare usually announces DLC a few days before release.

I think if BioWare started commenting on rumors, they would be more easily baited in the future to disclose things they're not ready to share yet.

Based on release dates of past BioWare titles, DLC should be announced sometime this month or possibly August. If they haven't announced anything by September, I think it's a safe bet it's not coming.

I think Early 2018 would be the point at which I will abandon hope for any DLC. It's entirely possible that BioWare is waiting on the number of units sold to reach a certain level before selling DLC. Considering that the game did not sell as well as expected and the reviews cast a cloud on the game - things need time to settle.

Lower prices on the game as it ages will get it in more hands and increase the potential success of DLC sales.

No matter what any non-official BioWare source says I will not believe that this game was not intended to have DLC content (or a sequel). Part of me believes that some DLC is already mostly finished and awaiting a launch window related to game sales.

There are too many loose ends. 

Message 40 of 83 (883 Views)