latest Andromeda news

by VladVonCastein

Original Post

Re: latest Andromeda news

★ Pro

@angrybunnie wrote:

@Skauron, I am not sure who you chatted with, but the new article is by Jason Schreier.  I found his previous article on the development troubles at BioWare to be quite plausible.

Time will only tell.

Plausible is not the same as true. I also found the Kotaku article about the development hell of ME:A quite plausible, but without a shred of actual evidence or any official source, it's nothing more than an interesting take on what COULD have been going on. In the end though, I'm more interested in what is actually going on.

Message 11 of 83 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So many unconfirmed rumors all over the internet about the MEA and it's future, just have no idea which one is false, true which one is made up just to hurt Andromeda even more by some hater, EA/BioWare silince on this game in general is hurting it even more in my opinion, because if someone goes arround looking for MEA news in most cases they see false and unconfirmed rumors and most of this rumors are about EA/BioWare not supporting Andromeda and ME any more. 

I just wish they'll make a step forward and be sincere with us, that they admit MEA problems and learning from their mistakes, but also that they will continue to support this game for the fans, comunity and ME franchise. I said it a lot of times and i wont stop repeating it, THIS IS MASS EFFECT whatever you liked it or not, whatever you accept it flaws but think it is still a good game or you just straight up hate it (for no reason in my opinion).

They need to realise that Anthem is already getting hate from people because they blame it for the unfinished MEA, some say they are waiting some time to say that there will not be any content for Andromeda so people will start to forget about it and it wont hurt Anthem, well if this is really the case (really hope it is not for their future project good) they are basically saying "F..K You fans of ME F..k ME (a game that for a lot of people means a lot) we don't care for fans, for this game anymore,,, but hey look we have a new game buy it"...... Well if this is true EA/BioWare let me tell you one think: We are not goldfishes, we wont forget how you treated ME. 

When i started Andromeda i instantly felt like "home" i felt in the ME universe, with a good story (maybe not as good as the trilogy but this is still the firts game and seeing how it ended the next ME could be really awesome), good maps, really good ideas that unfortunatly weren't fully developed and most importantly for me (and i think for many Mass Effect players) great characters. 

At this point don't really know what to say anymore, still here playing Andromeda in my free time, enjoying it and having a really good time. Hoping in the future to open the forum or fb page and see that BioWare announced a badass DLC for Andromeda that will shut up most of the so called haters arround and maybe in a few years to see the next amazing ME game with a lot of fans suggestions in it. As they say Hope is the last to die, for now still belive in BioWare.

Message 12 of 83 (1,017 Views)

★ Guide

@EgoMania, of course you are right.  I look at the news with interest, but I am to the point where my "give a flock" meter hardly even registers.  If they issue DLC, I'll check it out.  Otherwise, I am not holding my breath in anticipation.

Message 13 of 83 (1,007 Views)

★ Pro

@angrybunnie wrote:

@EgoMania, of course you are right.  I look at the news with interest, but I am to the point where my "give a flock" meter hardly even registers.  If they issue DLC, I'll check it out.  Otherwise, I am not holding my breath in anticipation.

That's certainly fair enough.

Message 14 of 83 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Fred_vdp

Looks like Schreier really tries hard to keep up with the news but, however credible it may seem, I'm still not convinced and won't be (even if he wrote thousand articles) unless I hear from EA or BW.

And the same goes for Yong and this

When it comes to the upcoming books, the 2nd one and it's weird codename / working title (The Lost Ark) or whatever that is really keeps me wondering. At least the 27th of June proved to be false release date (as expected) and now there's other date on Indigo Books stating that it's gonna be the 3rd of July but interestingly, this time it says it's audio version. But tbh, I don't see that happening either.

I guess we'll find out soon anyway... Fingers crossed

EDIT:

I hadn't noticed this thread before (thanks @SofaJockeyUK for posting that) so now I'm really curious if that's true Standard smile

Message 15 of 83 (997 Views)

★★ Guide

This is turning out to be a ping pong game, i'm more inclined to believe that we'll have a story DLC but that's just my opinion.

However, now, it seems that everyone is telling that this rumor is fake:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-not-getting-single-player-dl/1100-6451345/?f...

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159?utm_campaign=Soci...

Anyway, i'm giving up on this, it turned out that Andromeda was a big disappointment, after 5 years of development. I do enjoy the game but .... it doesn't have the same feeling the trilogy had. I'm going to leave this at that.

Message 16 of 83 (939 Views)

★★★ Pro

I would love to see a DLC, and hope that Bioware do have free reign to produce one without the parent company attaching an anvil to their legs as they do.  I would also hope that they let them polish and tune the game to iron out the existing issues FIRST before putting even more code in that then furthers issues that have become rather ingrained.

I am more concerned at the moment with how communication occurs between the publisher/devs and the playerbase in an official news/here's whats coming sense, and that any attempts to break through that seem to be met with a stoney silence.

We know Anthem is coming, we know no mention was made of ME:A at E3 in any way.. but as fans of Mass Effect who have likely bought all or most of the titles in the mass effect series, it does make us repeat customers who have/had faith in the product line so we do in a way get a bit troubled when we see reviewers going off half-cok'd and roasting a game before its had chance to have some early issues fixed, and then toasting it the whole way just for reader views.

Could it have happened differently? of course it could, and many of us wish it could have been different, but hindsight is a truly wonderful thing and sometimes you just have to look at what you have have right now and just HOPE that things get resolved.. and thats why we need bioware and ea to do right by its fan base for those who have stood by them through thick.. and thin.

Message 17 of 83 (936 Views)

★ Pro

I know Anthem is coming but what am I to do for the next 15 months or so until it hits?

There is very little information coming out about Anthem at the moment, which is understandable but at the same time it can't be the only thing that they communicate about.

I wonder if they understand that gaming is a serious hobby for many that they put a lot of time into and that this is not the way to support that. Information is needed and going months between updates is just so....well, not of this time really.

They seem to want to go big on Anthem and make it a 10 year engagement with dlc and sequels like Destiny is doing. I think that's a good way to approach it but I wonder why they can make a plan like that for Anthem but not Mass Effect.

Or maybe they want to test Anthem and if it works set it up for other franchises as well. I get the feeling they want to get into the business of games that have a more long-term plan and decided on a new IP to do this with so it wouldn't destroy an existing IP if it backfired. I just get this feeling Anthem is a big deal for EAWare and they are hoping it's the platform for their games in the near future.

It is my view, that how Anthem will be received will be of key importance for how BioWare will do business in the future. Therefore we won't get any real news about other IP's like ME and DA until they have released Anthem next year. However, that makes it even more important that they do something now with ME:A in the meantime.

I also wonder how Destiny 2 is going to do. It will be a direct competitor for Anthem I would think but it will come out this year already and will be able to have a more solid game running. So Anthem will have to be pretty amazing all around to compete with that if Destiny 2 is successful. 

At the same time Anthem might open up a much larger fanbase than they've had so far and then the ME and DA crowd will automatically become less important to them. It's all very hard to say at this time, but I can't help but feel that Anthem failing might be better for ME and DA fans than Anthem succeeding.

If I'm wrong about that feeling I invite BioWare to explain to me why I'd be wrong about this...but yeah, they'd have to communicate to do that.

Message 18 of 83 (919 Views)

Hero

@EgoMania wrote:

They seem to want to go big on Anthem and make it a 10 year engagement with dlc and sequels like Destiny is doing. I think that's a good way to approach it but I wonder why they can make a plan like that for Anthem but not Mass Effect.

A while back EA said that they wanted to increase the number of action adventure games because they noticed that they're very successful for Ubisoft (e.g. Assassin's Creed). I think Anthem will fill a void in EA's lineup, making it a smart investment. I don't think BioWare will quit RPGs anytime soon, though (Dragon Age 4 was pretty much confirmed), but it makes sense for them to step back from Mass Effect for a while so they can evaluate what to do with the series.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 83 (915 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It seems that they want every attention to Anthem even if we have little to no informations on it, even if it a year from release. I get it is the new game, htey want it to be a next big thing, ok we got it but doing it by hurting Andromeda and most importantly the Mass Effect universe? I'm not a expert in maketing or human behavior/emotions and so on, so can't say how fans and comunity will react to what EA/BioWare are doing right now with ME and Anthem, it is my personal point of view, opinion and feelings and  i'm just presuming that from what i see arround the internet and not a lot of people are seeing and feeling the same.

What i see is a beloved universe of games with millions of fans beeing basically "killed" and burried undergroud for who knows for how long because of Anthem, well it might turn out to be a great game, but if the release and success of that game means  the end of Andromeda support and the Mass Effect games for a long future well personaly i will be turn away from that game.

I don't know if EA/BioWare realise what Mass Effect means for tons of people and how they are treating this universe might damage Anthem,we don't need some insider information or rumors just go under every Anthem and ME post/video on every social network or forum and you will see  a lot ofpeople blaming BioWare and most importantly Anthem for what is happening with Andromeda now and Mass Effect games in future and, this are not haters that talk shi. about the game, this are normal fans that are rightfully concerned about the future of ME.

Hurting Andromeda and Mass Effect will only damage Anthem, BioWare need to realize this, if in a few months they will come up and say that Andromeda has been abandoned for all as Mass Effect in general, but they still want us to be focused and hyped about Anthem, even if it turn out to be a good game i'll pass on it concentrate on other awesome titles coming in 2018 and wait for Dragon Age 4 and the next Mass Effect game (hopefuly before we get oldStandard smile).

On contrary is they keep supporting Andromeda and assure us that Mass Effect in not burried under ground for who knows how much time, i'll be more then happy to try Anthem and support it only if it turns to be a BioWare game with great story and beloved characters and not some Destiny clone with endless farming just to get a better gun, oh and it has to be good in singleplayer and not force you to play in mp.  

Message 20 of 83 (897 Views)