gamestop preorder code starwars battlefrount 2

by bigkitty420

Original Post

Accepted Solution

gamestop preorder code starwars battlefrount 2

★★★ Newbie

i preorded on gamestop and got a code ,where do i put it?

Message 1 of 7 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: gamestop preorder code starwars battlefrount 2

Champion (Retired)

I believe since it is a 25-digit code that it is an Xbox One code, @bigkitty420 . Usually PC codes tend to be divisible by 4, where 16 is common for add-ons, and 20 for full games. PS4 I believe uses 12-digit codes usually.

I am not entirely 150% sure of the codes and their lengths for this specific promotion, though I know that 25-digit code surely is wrong for PS4, that's for sure.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (831 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @bigkitty420

Where you redeem the code depends on the platform you're on. Here's the guide for each.

PC:

1. Launch Origin on a PC.
  2. Log in with an EA Account.
  3. Click 'Origin' on the top menu.
  4. Choose 'Redeem Product Code'.
  5. Type in the code.
  6. Click 'Redeem'.

PS4:

1. Open a PlayStation Network (PSN) account (or use your existing PSN account).
  2. Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS4™ system home screen.
  3. On PlayStation®Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu.
  4. Enter the code.
  5. Once the code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box.
  6. Select 'Confirm' to accept the Trial Code Terms of Service.
  7. Select 'Continue' to complete code redemption.

Xbox One:

1. Make sure you are signed into the Microsoft account for which you want to redeem the code.
  2. From the Home screen, scroll right to Store.
  3. Select 'Use a code'.
  4. Use the onscreen keyboard to enter your 25-character code on the Redeem your code or gift card screen, and then select 'Next' to finalize your redemption.

I hope that would help you out.

Message 2 of 7 (754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im confused i ordered a ps4 and i got a 25 digit code? 

Message 3 of 7 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there again @bigkitty420

Oh hamburgers.. That sounds to me like Gamestop has goofed and gave you a wrong code. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there isn't much we can do to that here. You need to contact the Gamestop for that as they provided you with the code.

I would either go to the Gamestop store where you ordered the game from personally and explain the situation, or I'd take a call to their customer service : http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/contact.aspx

If you aren't residing in the US, here is also the international link to Gamestop's site : http://www.gamestop.eu/

First click your region. A red speech bubble should appear with greetings in your local language. Choose the "Visit site" option on that red speech bubble. This takes you to your region's Gamestop page. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you should either find the contact number there, or some equivalent to "Contact us" from where you should find the local contact information to your country's Gamestop services.

With any luck you'll be able to get yourself a new code if they can confirm that they have, indeed, given you a wrong product.

Good luck !

Message 4 of 7 (740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks ill have to contact them. IS that a pc code? they are not going to want the code back so i might as well use it on my pc if its a pc one.

Message 5 of 7 (716 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I believe since it is a 25-digit code that it is an Xbox One code, @bigkitty420 . Usually PC codes tend to be divisible by 4, where 16 is common for add-ons, and 20 for full games. PS4 I believe uses 12-digit codes usually.

I am not entirely 150% sure of the codes and their lengths for this specific promotion, though I know that 25-digit code surely is wrong for PS4, that's for sure.

Message 6 of 7 (832 Views)

Community Manager

Yep, as RedFoxxie states Origin codes are 20 or 16 digits, Xbox codes are 25 digits and PS4 codes are a svelte 12 digits. It sounds like the store assistant grabbed a code from the wrong stack, or they were mixed up somehow. In any case it should be easy to clear up.

We'll keep an eye open for any other reports of this in case there's a systemic problem, but for now it just looks like a once-off blip.. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (700 Views)