bf1 fps issue

by AAKANE10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bf1 fps issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

ok so i have a dell Inspiron 7559 with a gtx 960m 4gb 16gb of ram intel core i7 6700hq  and just today it has fps issues. before I could run it at high/ultra at around 60fps but now i tried medium and I hit an average of 30 fps and even when I turn it to ultra I'm still getting 30fps. I've changed no settings other than the quality no DirectX 12 no gpu memory restriction all my drivers are upto date. pls help 

Message 1 of 12 (17,666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: bf1 fps issue

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @AAKANE10 and @Gorath_the_Elder Maybe will help...

Hey i find something maybe will help you...

This is an important first test — lower your settings, and see if there is any improvement in performance. Many players aren’t getting any improvements from changes to the settings; FPS drops occur whether the settings are low or ultra.

Often, the CPU is not the issue. It may be poorly optimized Nvidia or AMD drivers, or experimental graphics improvements that have not yet been fully tested.

If that’s the case for you, it may be due to the latest video card releases — Nvidia 1070/1080 are the worst offenders, as they should have no trouble running Battlefield 1. Here are some things you can do to help:

Note: Try each of these suggestions independently. Don’t expect all suggestions to work for you — try them one at a time.

• If you are overclocking, make sure you are running at a steady .ghz — if not, disable overclocking.
  • Disable the Origin Overlay
  • If you have an SSD (solid state drive) — install to SSD rather than the standard HD.
  • Switch from DX12 to DX11.
  • Download Beta drivers for your video card.

Find the latest drivers / beta drivers here:

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (26,896 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

A minimum level video card in this game gets 35-40 FPS (desktop GTX 660).  The REAL GTX 960, a desktop card, handles the game nicely, but when you have only a 960"M", you have a different kettle of fish.  It's hardly up to the level of a minimum card, so can't run high graphics settings nor high screen resolutions, and still get half-decent animation rates. 

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-960-vs-Nvidia-GTX-960M/3165vsm27242

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960M-vs-GeForce-GTX-660

Message 2 of 12 (17,646 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @AAKANE10

-In game video settings right side set to custom and set everything to medium or low but last three turn them off ....

1-antialiasing deferred off
2-antialiasing post off
3-ambient occlusion off

-On left side be sure vertical sync is off also set resolution scale to under 100 like 80 or 90 this will up you FPS
-As well as be sure your video card is set to performance in control panel for your video card.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Message 3 of 12 (17,639 Views)

Re: BF1 fps issue

★★★★★ Expert

All good hints there! 

Message 4 of 12 (17,619 Views)

★★★ Novice

but i was able to hit 60 fps with a 960m 

Message 5 of 12 (17,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

recorded on the same computer on December 9 same everything

https://youtu.be/lvwQ6oL7vYI

and a different youtuber with the same specs as mine

https://youtu.be/YB4rwm-tkSE 

Message 6 of 12 (17,590 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @AAKANE10 and @Gorath_the_Elder Maybe will help...

Hey i find something maybe will help you...

This is an important first test — lower your settings, and see if there is any improvement in performance. Many players aren’t getting any improvements from changes to the settings; FPS drops occur whether the settings are low or ultra.

Often, the CPU is not the issue. It may be poorly optimized Nvidia or AMD drivers, or experimental graphics improvements that have not yet been fully tested.

If that’s the case for you, it may be due to the latest video card releases — Nvidia 1070/1080 are the worst offenders, as they should have no trouble running Battlefield 1. Here are some things you can do to help:

Note: Try each of these suggestions independently. Don’t expect all suggestions to work for you — try them one at a time.

• If you are overclocking, make sure you are running at a steady .ghz — if not, disable overclocking.
  • Disable the Origin Overlay
  • If you have an SSD (solid state drive) — install to SSD rather than the standard HD.
  • Switch from DX12 to DX11.
  • Download Beta drivers for your video card.

Find the latest drivers / beta drivers here:

Message 7 of 12 (26,897 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey @AAKANE10

you can try these:

1.If you are overclocking, make sure you are running at a steady .ghz — if not, disable overclocking.

2.Disable the Origin Overlay

3.If you have an SSD (solid state drive) — install to SSD rather than the standard HD.

4.Switch from DX12 to DX11.

5. Download Beta drivers for your video card.

I dont work for EA, I just try to help where i can, XP or accept as solution is appreciated 

Message 8 of 12 (17,270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

thank you for the advise it helped ! 

Message 9 of 12 (16,463 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, every one
I see that I am not the only one having those troubles.

I have even more power than some of you and my FPS drops between 30 to 45FPS in-game and it is supposed to maintain a solid 70FPS.
I own a RX 580 8GB GPU and the Ryzen 3 1300X CPU both not overclocked. I also have 8gb of RAM.

What I tried to do
-BF1 DX11 w/ memory restriction
-I have the official AMD Radeon Software updater and a driver finder that is called Driver Booster 5 that finds all my drivers and tells me what needs to be updated.
Every thing is "Up to Date" but I still have difficulty running some games especially BF1 ... 

When I watch benchmarks of this combo that I own, I see the same specs every where on Youtube and It does not go under 70fps and over 90. 
I am sure that its not the 8gb of RAM that I am missing that would help me gain 45fps ... Am I right ?

If someone found a solution I would appreciate it a lot.

Message 10 of 12 (14,272 Views)