Your biggest dissapointment after your first playthrough

by Simpson3k

Original Post

Your biggest dissapointment after your first playthrough

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This isnt meant as complain or rant and please dont start ranting or complaining in this thread, only one feature you think that came to short in this game, probably something that isnt bug related.

Well my biggest dissapointment is that beside the story included planets that offer places to land and even become colonized or visited on a regular base, every other planet isnt worth for more than a single abnormality to discover with a scan. I had wished for more planets to land an end discover some more caves and crashsites and stuff on a planet. They reintroduced the exploration car yeah but kind forgot to add most of the required stuff to explore with it. ME 2 took the biggest advantage of that scanning of planets because it had no MAKO to drive over planets, ME:A has it again but still most planets are just scan targets, mehh.

Message 1 of 58 (1,396 Views)

Re: Your biggest dissapointment after your first playthrough

★★★★★ Novice

Lack of a larger hot bar for PC players like we had in previous PC MEs.

Message 2 of 58 (1,371 Views)

★ Guide

unskippable landing / take-off scenes

Spoiler
My male Ryder unable to romance Suvi
Message 3 of 58 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Im with you mate, horrible way to "discover planets" one anomality out of 4 planets.
Come on.. even the first chapter had more stuff to do.

Sad.

Message 4 of 58 (1,351 Views)

★ Guide

The severe lack of depth and polish with the story and the complete lack of depth of your companions.  I feel as if it was almost an afterthought even though that is the main reason the series was so popular.  Leaves replay value extremely low.

Message 5 of 58 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

For me, the biggest disappointments:

When you make a planet viable.. there's no real change of scenery.. I was expecting to see seas/lakes on Voeld and Grass/Forest on Ela.. felt abit of a letdown to just change the sky and the ground very slightly.   Over time I hoped the worlds would have become, eventually, greener.

And the fact that there's no interaction with your Squad.  Outside of 3 skills.  I absolutely detest Console Ports on Pc Platform and ME:A stinks of console port.  That people even buy a Ps4 or Xbox One is beyond me, but that's their mistake, why force their mistake on me? I want proper gaming.. not 3 powers because thats the best a console can do without going belly up in confusion.

Consoles have utterly ruined gameplay on the pc platform.

Message 6 of 58 (1,266 Views)

★★ Guide

Romance! Ugly Faces! No mciro-management (no armor for Squad and so on)

Message 7 of 58 (1,257 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Eh, long story short: almost all gameplay mechanics and story telling depths. In the end, I had the feeling that I bought a potential game. Not what I was looking for.

Message 8 of 58 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Pro

i guess the most visible gripe i have is the fact that most sniper rifles have an impressively short maximum effective range. for instance a 1950's era svd dragunov has a maximum effective range of 700 meters (longer with a skilled marksman), the widow or blackwidow maximum effective range is something like 120 meters (with the maximum range being something like 200m). breaks my immersion every time i use a sniper rifle.

and a very close second is the power menu. if the cooldown was drastically reduced for switching favorites, and powers that had a toggle could stay on after swapping favorites i wouldn't have issues with the 3 power system.

as it stands, i have trouble deciding which of these gripes i like the least.

Message 9 of 58 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My "biggest dissapointment after my first playthrough"?

I think it's the fact they're only one new alien race in Heleus (The Kett doesn't count!)
The Angaran are "cool" but they didn't have the same interest for me than the Asari, the Krogans or the Turians.
They're too average, their civilisation have nothing really great and they're just bland...

I love ME Andromeda but one bland new alien race it's sad in a whole new galaxy!

I hope if EA release some DLC (or a sequel), a new alien race (or two?) will coming in Heleus! Standard smile

Message 10 of 58 (1,234 Views)