Why isn't there any grocery stores in the sims 4 game?

by sweetpeaches46

Original Post

Re: Why isn't there any grocery stores in the sims 4 game?

Champion

Wondering I'm afraid I don't understand what all the fuss is about not having strawberries unless you grow them, because every recipe just automatically lets you cook it by just clicking on it, so you buy all the items you need for any recipe by just choosing that recipe Standard smile  (with the exception a couple of recopies that came with the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack, in which you actually have to go to a National Park and fish for the correct fish in order to make that recipe) !  Yes, food is better with home grown produce, but if you don't want to garden, then just have your Sims raise their cooking skill and the food quality will improve! :eahigh_file:  To ensure you don't get a bad moodlet from bad tasting food, just have your Sim only cook recipes that are 1 skill level below their current level.  While you can't do this until they are at Cooling level 2, it takes no time to get up to that level, especially if you have them watch the Cooking Channel every time they watch TV! Cool  They have fun and learn at the same time!   Also, if you don't want to garden, just collect plant from around the neighborhood from time to time -- that way you have at least some produce on hand, but don't have to spend time watering and weeding!  It is in reality, free food! Party hat

I was also going to mention what @PhysicalDelete mentioned: if you have the City Living Expansion Pack, then go to the San Myshuno town and visit the Spice Market neighborhood where there is usually a produce stand where you can buy many of the produce in the game!  You can also visit the Romance Festival and the Spice Festival when they are in town and harvest from the plants they have at the festival, including a few rarer items!   Angel

There really is no need for grocery stores in the game, except to mimic our real lives! Wink

I hope this helps all of you!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 36 (11,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you don't work for EA or have any association to EA, then stop trying to act like you do. Not your position to tell anyone where to ask their questions.

Message 12 of 36 (11,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Diamond_Jewel

The first post made here was two years ago. At the time, AHQ was a platform where users helped users. As a user, it wasn't possible to help with feedback and so people were directed to the official forums, where they're feedback could actually be seen by the studio. This wasn't to brush off the user but to give them a better place to post.

AHQ has evolved a lot over the past two years and has now a lot more attendance by EA, so your feedback won't get lost here anymore. It's now totally ok to post feedback at AHQ.

Hope that explains to you, how this post came to be.

I've now removed the solution on this post, since it's been quite active in the past few month.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 36 (11,632 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PhysicalDelete wrote:
There is a product stall in the Spice Market area of San Myshuno, sells basic food like onion, carrot, tomato, grapes etc. Have just bought some stuff from there

In my opinion, it needs to be a bit more than that. Like that is good and all, but we should be able to walk into a given store and buy things like in RL.

BTW, thanks for the heads up.

Message 14 of 36 (11,550 Views)

★ Apprentice
If you have get to work, you can let one family open one selling fruits, vegetables, etc. and you can go buy them.

I'm pretty sure NPC sims can own a retail, you just let them buy the store and you can go visit from time to time.
Message 15 of 36 (11,479 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 isn't a completed game ;p

Message 16 of 36 (11,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @sweetpeaches46,

Not sure if you, or anyone is into using cc.. but there is cc / mods for Grocery Stores, it includes fruit and veggies produce bin, also seafood produce 'bin', shopping trolleys and heaps more.  Awkward to give all the various links, suffice to say I've built a Supermarket and shared various links; (my website is on my profile here.. also my name below) if you go to the 'downloads' page you'll see the various Grocery Store Products and where to get them. I'm not the 'mod maker', but had found them a while ago.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 17 of 36 (11,345 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I totally agree with you, Sims would be a lot fun if they had what you have mentioned in your comment. I just wish they would actually start listening and take action. 

Message 18 of 36 (11,124 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes yes yes but I would like to buy food from the grocery store or order it and have it delivered

Message 19 of 36 (11,087 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No offense, Puglove, but look here. Just because you are not interested in grocery stores, does not mean others are not. The thread is a question about why we cannot have them, not opinions on why we don't need them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not too particular about grocery stores myself, it's cute but I have no need for it. That said, there are things that I really do need and want and so I can completely respect what others want.

Again, I do not mean this to sound offensive, but telling those why they don't need what they want is offensive. I thought you may wish to understand this because some people really do not know how it sounds.

Message 20 of 36 (11,037 Views)