Why do doors in Kadara Port take so long to open?

by jones81381

Original Post

Why do doors in Kadara Port take so long to open?

★★★★ Novice

Anyone know? It's just a minor annoyance but I'm curious if there's a good reason for it.

Message 1 of 28 (3,521 Views)

Re: Why do doors in Kadara Port take so long to open?

★★ Pro

The doors as I understand them are kind of a loading screen, so the more npcs etc the longer it takes to load. This is probably because some folks move around so it needs to generate new locations 

Message 2 of 28 (3,507 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL maybe cause they are exiles and tech and maintainences pretty bad?  that was a joke...

Message 3 of 28 (3,481 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, have been asking myself the same question everytime I need to open these damned doors...

Message 4 of 28 (3,471 Views)

Hero

I think it's a loading screen in disguise, but the duration is fixed, which is unnecessary because of variable hardware. I have the impression that fast travel is quicker.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 28 (3,465 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The game on PC seems to assume we're not using SATAIII hardware and SSD (consoles are still ancient tech so there). And then we all have to suffer through longlasting loadscreens most of other openworld RPGs don't have (that includes upcoming Elex).

On the other hand, Kadara horrible loadtimes might be a deliberate reminder on ME1 elevators. Wink

Message 6 of 28 (3,439 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I thought going to and fro gravity wells served that purpose already.

Message 7 of 28 (3,421 Views)

★ Guide

Was about to ask the same question, then thought to search for it.

A minor annoyance as you say,. But it still makes me dread open doors in Kadara.

Message 8 of 28 (3,233 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

I think it's a loading screen in disguise, but the duration is fixed, which is unnecessary because of variable hardware. I have the impression that fast travel is quicker.

It can be. But Kadara port only has two fast travel locations. The Outlaw Base and the Port. You can not fast travel to the main market area or the bar.

Message 9 of 28 (3,220 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Fred_vdp wrote:

It is pretty obvious that the game was developed for consoles with their limitations and never optimized for PC which is a shame since it could have turned a good game into a great game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 28 (3,205 Views)