Re: When is RESPAWN planning to fix Titanfall 2?

by Wyatt_Derpp

Original Post

When is RESPAWN planning to fix Titanfall 2?

★ Apprentice

Game laggs terrible. Almost every player who joins is lagging so hard that aiming at it is useless. Sometimes they laggs so hard you cant hit * Titan!!!

How hard can it be to optimize servers for 10 people? BF1 has 64 players servers and it does lagg that hard.

Another thing that is completely broken is meele.  They work randomly. Sometimes I cant melee player standing in front of me and sometimes I melee player in mid air 3m from me.

Laggs and meele directly impacts your game performances. It is fast game with short time to kill so it is essential to work withouth lagg. I am often irritated by this problems which are from day 1 and I regeret I didnt buy it directly from Origin so I could ask for refund.

Message 1 of 6 (840 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ecimir This looks like the issue on your end or your network. I play the game quite a bit, and apart from an occasional hiccup things run flawlessly. Most of the time this was due to issues on my network too. 

I'm not saying that the servers will be 100% flawless all of the time, but from your description this isn't on the server end.

There are steps on this page that may help, they include some steps to check your local connection as well as a guide to using a network diagnostic tool. 

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (817 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope. It is withouth doubt laggy piece of *. I played on 2 different PCs and on PS4 using different networks( high speed networks with above 30Mbit/s and low latency) and it is the same * on and on. I cant play this * withouth withouth getting on my nereves which is bad for my health so I ll just try to stop playing at all.

Message 3 of 6 (811 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am not really sure how you can honestly say that it is on the end users network. I have read so many issue's posted on Respawn, Ea, Reddit in regards to this issue. I know an a community manager you have an obligation to respond in this manner. It is just a kick to the gut for any player who has this issue. I am having this issue to the point i am on forums, instead of in game.

Message 4 of 6 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Wyatt_Derpp I of course look at those posts too. Tens of thousands of players connect to the game daily, and the vast majority can connect and play fine. 

I'm not for a second saying that server issues don't happen, but most of the time the issue is on the players end or the network.

An assertion that there's a server issue can be misleading when some simple (or not-so-simple) troubleshooting can help. This is why we want to check for local and network issues. 

Frequently lag spikes are caused by packet loss on a network, and perhaps running the uotrace in the article above will help to check for the network quality. 

I'd like to add too that I don't have an obligation to say that there aren't any issues. If I believe that there's a server problem then I will gather the info I can to escalate this. However doing so requires a certain amount of evidence of such an issue occurring. This usually involves multiple people describing identical symptoms at the same time, or a drop in connected users, and often involves ensuring that troubleshooting steps have been taken. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 6 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response. I believe the point I was trying to make was that numerically speaking there are many many players that have this ping spike issue. Even when you ask in game from fellow players they also have this issue. Sad when the player base has just accepted it as a reality and play through. Don't get me wrong, I am still playing, still lagging, still watching users glitch, still missing open shots, still having the frustration of not being able to fully enjoy. 

Please also note, that @EA_David I know this is an issue that you are not responsible for. I do understand you are doing your best. I just wish there was a fix out there. None of the support page's or TCP ports have corrected the issue on my end. 

Message 6 of 6 (777 Views)