What is with all of the hate? Also, any upcoming DLC?

by SayWhatTrishaa

Original Post

Re: What is with all of the hate? Also, any upcoming DLC?

★★★★★ Guide

VladVonCastein wrote:

One can only hope my friend...  my fear for this series is brain drain... am afraid that Bioware lost some good talents and the current crew cant bring up the standard of the game to surpass previous heights.  Seen this happen in way too many companies.  

You could be right indeed! Because the overall game shows major discrepancies. Looks like pieced together, sometimes looks good, sometimes odd, sometimes glitches. Makes you wonder "who did all this work?" And it doesn't look like Bioware did it Standard smile

Message 21 of 45 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TECHound wrote:

Also, like I wrote somewhere else, this is the Ryder story and not the Shepard story and it actually still leaves room for an ME4, so don't think of that ship as sailed Standard smile

Yes indeed. But apparently people don't really attack the story. Mostly, the problem comes from "how" the story was set on screen, the looks, mood, animation, appearance. Aaaaand of course character customization, outfits etc etc  blah blah Standard smile That's what's off with it... makes it kinda flat. Even though the Andromeda story is good, plenty of content, the game experience is not the same as before. 

Message 22 of 45 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@draqonin wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

One can only hope my friend...  my fear for this series is brain drain... am afraid that Bioware lost some good talents and the current crew cant bring up the standard of the game to surpass previous heights.  Seen this happen in way too many companies.  

You could be right indeed! Because the overall game shows major discrepancies. Looks like pieced together, sometimes looks good, sometimes odd, sometimes glitches. Makes you wonder "who did all this work?" And it doesn't look like Bioware did it Standard smile

Think they have diff teams doing diff things, The Kedara team seems good, I like the bar fight in kedara n the sloane's party where ryder got drunk.  In comparison Morda's fight with her big head and little hands was just weird... looks horrible, like some B grade monster flick.

Message 23 of 45 (722 Views)

★ Apprentice

The gamer community is so toxic, and haters talk too much, but they are not majority so... haters gonna hate, If it's not ME:A they will found another game. And some reviewers are payed for being like them, they are the worst.Sleepy

Message 24 of 45 (712 Views)

★ Pro

VladVonCastein wrote:
Think they have diff teams doing diff things, The Kedara team seems good, I like the bar fight in kedara n the sloane's party where ryder got drunk.  In comparison Morda's fight with her big head and little hands was just weird... looks horrible, like some B grade monster flick.

As far as I understand it, they had people from their 3 studios working on the game, including BW Austin (shudders).

It's clear that this game has issues and bugs, though I suppose all games do. It's a very different game from the original trilogy but it also is clearly ME still. That can throw people off because they see recognisable things but that creates some expectations that aren't delivered then.

But I do think there is a valid point in saying that the game doesn't quite feel like a whole. It does feel like different bits thrown together and lacks cohesion as a consequence. I am a big fan of having the big overview but with an eye for detail, since details can have a big effect on the whole. One could easily argue that that hasn't happened enough.

Yeah, the more I think of it, it's the lack of cohesion in the overall experience that keeps this game from being higher than a 7 or 8 in my view.To get to a 9, that feeling of cohesion (which also supports engagement of the player to the game) is sorely needed. I'm not sure if they can still manage this in ME: Andromeda. Maybe they can learn from what happens now and bring that back in the next installment...let me make a wild guess here and call it Mass Effect: Meridian. It's years away of course and I want to make sure that I still see a lot of improvements in the current game because in the end this is what we have now.

Message 25 of 45 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EgoMania wrote:

As far as I understand it, they had people from their 3 studios working on the game, including BW Austin (shudders).

It's clear that this game has issues and bugs, though I suppose all games do. It's a very different game from the original trilogy but it also is clearly ME still. That can throw people off because they see recognisable things but that creates some expectations that aren't delivered then.

But I do think there is a valid point in saying that the game doesn't quite feel like a whole. It does feel like different bits thrown together and lacks cohesion as a consequence. I am a big fan of having the big overview but with an eye for detail, since details can have a big effect on the whole. One could easily argue that that hasn't happened enough.

Yeah, the more I think of it, it's the lack of cohesion in the overall experience that keeps this game from being higher than a 7 or 8 in my view.To get to a 9, that feeling of cohesion (which also supports engagement of the player to the game) is sorely needed. I'm not sure if they can still manage this in ME: Andromeda. Maybe they can learn from what happens now and bring that back in the next installment...let me make a wild guess here and call it Mass Effect: Meridian. It's years away of course and I want to make sure that I still see a lot of improvements in the current game because in the end this is what we have now.

Yup that's what branding is about isnt it...  when you buy a can of coke, regardless of whether you buy it from US or England or Japan, a can of coke should..  taste like a can of coke!  That's quality...  When I buy a Bioware game and under the Mass Effect brand, I will have certain expectations.  If they brand it as "Andromeda the journey in space" without the mass effect branding behind it, am sure the game will receive less complains.  It will also have a lot less people playing it, a lot less sales.  So if Bioware wishes to have the sales and success of the Mass Effect branding it is only fair that they deliver to fans the Mass Effect Quality.

Some of us have been comparing MEA to the previous trilogy  but now looking at it, just by comparing Kedara and Elaadin within the same game and you see differences in quality and its really getting ridiculous.  What is the project lead doing?  Didnt he/she check the quality before signing off?   I saw some youtube video last evening on a fan's reaction.  Cute little girl wearing her N7 jacket, obviously a fan.  Could tell that she was initially shocked and after a while she actually started crying.   The reaction was a little over the top, regardless of whether is this genuine, it's still a fact that this game has disappointed many fans of the series in various ways  (3:50 in the vid below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_3W908BSiM

I hope that Bioware management will take a serious view of this, there's only that much goodwill and faith from fans that they can afford to squander.  They are literally not the only GAME in town.

Message 26 of 45 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You know, I hear a lot of people complain that it isn't "Mass Effect" for some reason. Is it because it doesn't have Relays? That we don't have humanity (or the Council for ME3) having their cinematic space battle pew-pew scene? That it doesn't have Shepard? That's like complaining that every Star Wars movie should have Luke only as the main lead character.

Message 27 of 45 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

(Sorry for my english Standard smile )

I think: Bioware decide if it is Mass Effect or not .... they are the parents. Wink

I see a lot of hate, too. I tried to make a: "Say "THANKS" to Bioware" - thread. No success. The people write a lot if they are angry, but they don't write if they like the game. Disappointed

I don't understand why so many people cry that Andromeda are so bugy ... Example I have seen: One or two Sidequest are broken and they write: WORST and bugy game EVER. There are 200 sidequest, if 10 are broken a bit or a bit more, thats all right. Thats ok. But ok, I play no multiplayer, I don't know if there are a lot of bugs there, to be honest.

BUT, I understand the hate sometimes:

I also have a few points where Andromeda dissapointed me: The horrible human faces, the horrible romances. But there are a lot of points where Andromeda is just great. I hope they want and will (and can) repair this points. A friend of mine don't want to play Andromeda because he is really angry that he can't equip his team. An other one was shocked with this washy, strange human faces. He says: "The game is "ugly"".

The problem: Mass Effect 1-3 were GOOD at a few points (not very good, but quite good). You could equip your team, you had "ok-Faces" (the male Shepard is BEAUTIFUL!). We all expected a progress (worst case a standstill). But NOT a setback. And a few points in Androemda ARE a setback, a regression. That makes people angry.

First think happen to me in Andromeda: Ok, let's make a "beginning screenshot". How can it be, that it is NOT possible to make screenshots in this game ... seriously?

Message 28 of 45 (679 Views)

★ Pro

@Rappeldrache wrote:

(Sorry for my english Standard smile )

First think happen to me in Andromeda: Ok, let's make a "beginning screenshot". How can it be, that it is NOT possible to make screenshots in this game ... seriously?.

Wasn't in the previous titles either, but yeah it's 2017... it isn't a new thing to have by any measure.

Anyway, I use fraps for screenshots.

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-19 00-28-42-93.jpg

Message 29 of 45 (668 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Rappeldrache wrote:

I see a lot of hate, too. I tried to make a: "Say "THANKS" to Bioware" - thread. No success. The people write a lot if they are angry, but they don't write if they like the game. Disappointed

@Rappeldrache I agree. If everything goes well, no one will say anything. If things go bad, immediately people raise on barricades to riot and point fingers.

Generally, I'd say it's okay to give constructive criticism about something, but I would like to see more positive news as well, just like you have tried. Standard smile

Honestly, Bioware made huge work and accomplished quite well in it. Sure there are some bugs and graphical problems, but they can be ironed out with coming patches. In the end, they made more Mass Effect and laid the new foundation (story and technical wise) for next games to come.

Message 30 of 45 (665 Views)