What Really Happened? (Spoilers Read at Own Risk)

by iKillOrDieTryN

Original Post

What Really Happened? (Spoilers Read at Own Risk)

★ Guide

What if alec ryder is still alive. and is going after the one known as the benefactor. is it possible that alec faked his own death to give himself the room needed to work in secret and only Dr. lexi knows the truth. its funny even after finding out hes dead we never see  some type of funeral or memorial. its just hes dead move on. we already know there are hidden rooms on the nexus. who's to say alec didn't have one too? its possible SAM has knowledge of this as well and has locks on this info. there are many other things i could think of but i want to know what everyone else thinks and what your opinion is on if he is alive or not and if he is what is he up too?

Message 1 of 35 (1,667 Views)

Re: What Really Happened? (Spoilers Read at Own Risk)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

i'd have to mark that down as highly unlikely. though, technically doesn't mean it's completely impossible. there's a lot of people who would have to be in on it, not just lexi and harry, that's the main issue.

Message 2 of 35 (1,663 Views)

★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

i'd have to mark that down as highly unlikely. though, technically doesn't mean it's completely impossible. there's a lot of people who would have to be in on it, not just lexi and harry, that's the main issue.

I would say very unlikely as well - and Sara can kick his butt if he faked it leaving her to believe he sacrificed his life for her own leaving behind a nice amount of survivors guilt in his wake.
The atmosphere on that planet was pretty toxic and worked pretty fast. Unless they managed to pick him up within a min or two, he was dead. Not being able to breathe is pretty much a garenteed death sentence unless rectified very quickly.

Message 3 of 35 (1,649 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The main issue with that planet were lightnings, the storms, the ionization etc. As far as I recall, all other planets had breathable air even with their defected vaults. It might be so that Habitat 7 would require additional work (thus, unbreathable air up to your last battle against Archon). Considering we haven't taken down the local Architect, there's the possibility Architects repurpose Vaults after one of the terraforming phases is completed, who knows.

Message 4 of 35 (1,646 Views)

★ Guide

maybe more than one person could know but then again we shouldn't count him completely out. if we learn anything from playing mass effect its the dead don't always stay dead. he was willing to keep his wife alive and make his own kids think she was dead so i don't see why killing himself would be any different. plus if sam could alter the body like he says he can why couldn't he alter alec's lungs to allow him to breath the air long enough for help to arrive as well as save sara/scott. i mean clearly sam has more abilities than even we can imagine. all i am saying is if alec shows up in future games i wouldn't be surprised.

Message 5 of 35 (1,633 Views)

★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

The main issue with that planet were lightnings, the storms, the ionization etc. As far as I recall, all other planets had breathable air even with their defected vaults. It might be so that Habitat 7 would require additional work (thus, unbreathable air up to your last battle against Archon). Considering we haven't taken down the local Architect, there's the possibility Architects repurpose Vaults after one of the terraforming phases is completed, who knows.

When they rename habitat 7 its stated that the vault there is actually broken. I don't even think Meridian can terriform it without a working vault - so it still needs to be done the slow way unless they can somehow repair it.

Other planets did have breathable air - but habitat 7 didn't- it also had areas that were highly toxic, not sure if that was just Kett sludge, or the planets water supply.

Habitat 7 was in the worst shape, aside from the turian world - don't think it was far off reaching that level of devestation given the way the ground was floating in places. It was pretty much a mess.

Message 6 of 35 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

When they rename habitat 7 its stated that the vault there is actually broken. I don't even think Meridian can terriform it without a working vault - so it still needs to be done the slow way unless they can somehow repair it.

Other planets did have breathable air - but habitat 7 didn't- it also had areas that were highly toxic, not sure if that was just Kett sludge, or the planets water supply.

Habitat 7 was in the worst shape, aside from the turian world - don't think it was far off reaching that level of devestation given the way the ground was floating in places. It was pretty much a mess.

iirc, a scourge tendril basically enveloped hab-7, figured that had something to do with it. though exactly what toxins that might introduce into the environment, beyond element zero contamination, or radioactive fallout from the scourge... well i wouldn't know.

Message 7 of 35 (1,620 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Actually Dr. Harry Carlyle would be the one who knew whether or not Alec died, seeing Dr. Lexi was still on the Hyperion and Harry was the first doctor on scene to stabalize either Scott or Sara after they passed out.

Message 8 of 35 (1,616 Views)

★ Guide

@oynxdragon666 wrote:

Actually Dr. Harry Carlyle would be the one who knew whether or not Alec died, seeing Dr. Lexi was still on the Hyperion and Harry was the first doctor on scene to stabalize either Scott or Sara after they passed out.

true could also be the reason why he decided to quit and swap places with lexi. 

Message 9 of 35 (1,603 Views)

★★★ Guide

Given that scott/sara actually died from oxygen deprivation, what makes you think alec would've survived without a helmet? the only reason scott/sara even survived was because alec transferred SAM to them. Without SAM and a helmet, the argon/nitogen atmosphere would've surely killed him just like it killed your character. 

Message 10 of 35 (1,592 Views)