Re: Wall running

by rcpc441

Original Post

Wall running

★★★ Newbie

I am 62 years old and loved Titan Fall 2 up to the Abyss but I am not as coordinated as I used to be to get through the wall running. Is there another way to get through to continue playing the game?

Message 1 of 8 (3,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im sorry to tell ya but there isn't another way around, If you get further into the game their will be parts that have a LOT of Wall running. I'd recommend either practicing in the gauntlet or a level you've already done. It's difficult at first but if you just practice it you'll do fine. YOU CAN DO IT! :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 8 (3,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i also would recommend to change your controller layout settings in the game to "Bumper Jumper" this will switch the jump which is normally on x to the L1 button and your tactical ability to x. This has helped a good bit of people because then you can keep your thumbs down on the analog stick so you have more control and react better. Just practice it for a bit and it might help. Also if your doing this on x-box one then the feature might still work since this is recommend in some shooters

Message 3 of 8 (3,190 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also there is the setting "bumper jumper pilot" so it only uses this on pilot and not your titan, some titans ability's require to hold down instead of tap so i would recommend using bumper jumper pilot Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (3,189 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, the acrobatics continue throughout the game and actually can get more extreme in places. Hopefully swapping control scheme as 123789q mentions will help. 

I've seen a top-tier player recommend bumper jumper for some of the advanced moves, but hopefully it can facilitate standard play too. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (3,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While I may not be 62, I have to say that some of the wall running and jumping puzzles seem to be a little more intense than necessary. Don't get me wrong, I like the wall running. But, after your 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th failed attempt to get across a particular chasm, maybe a longer more circuitous path could open up so that less agile pilots could complete the campaign.

Message 6 of 8 (3,177 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I personally love the more challenging platforming and would love optional "advanced" courses. I thoroughly enjoying the chase for the "top 3" achievement. 

Of course not everyone feels the same, and not liking the trickier platforming is a legitimate viewpoint. 

You may know about this already, but if it's been missed, if you hang about at the start of some of the wallrunning sections you can often get the option to summon a "ghost runner", a hologram which will run ahead and suggest a route to take. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (3,171 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am 71 and have the same problem. Need a patch so older player can play like the young players. I will try bump jump. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,137 Views)