Re: Voeld question

by iKillOrDieTryN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Voeld question

★★★★ Novice

I know that I had one quest on Voeld earlier in the game. Can't remember it exactly but it was helping

some fighters or something like that. Anyway, I must not have got a forwarding station brought down

and now I need to meet someone on the planet again and there is no forward station anywhere around.

I tried running to the place I needed to go but that didn't work. I need the Nomad and when I go on the

planet there is no option to call it. You always land on the frozen tundra and I haven't found anyway to

survive the cold long enough to do anything. There must be a way to be able to use the Nomad. I checked

the map and I see no spot that says anything that will help. I have about five side quests to do there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (2,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@wayneout wrote:

I know that I had one quest on Voeld earlier in the game. Can't remember it exactly but it was helping

some fighters or something like that. Anyway, I must not have got a forwarding station brought down

and now I need to meet someone on the planet again and there is no forward station anywhere around.

I tried running to the place I needed to go but that didn't work. I need the Nomad and when I go on the

planet there is no option to call it. You always land on the frozen tundra and I haven't found anyway to

survive the cold long enough to do anything. There must be a way to be able to use the Nomad. I checked

the map and I see no spot that says anything that will help. I have about five side quests to do there.

you can't start exploring voeld without getting the very first forward station. you should be able to call it there as well as fast travel to it. if you get dropped off at the tempest then you need to head back into the main camp and head to the exit over looking the explorable area. i will try and post a map of voeld if you follow it you should be able to find out where you are and how to get to a forward station. i suggest you put down forward stations asap. while playing the game if i am doing a mission and i have to travel in the nomad i always check to see what forward stations are within the route i plan on going. this way i can set them up without wasting time allowing me to use them later if i need too.

the map starts from the top left. it is the location of the tempest. from there you should follow the map without any issues.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

The problem is, I don't know how far along you are on Voeld.  If you haven't established a forwarding station or an outpost, then I would say that you should be able to fast travel to where the Tempest is located and then walk your way to the sunlamps, through the caves, and eventually you'll find the first forwarding station location.

If that doesn't help, it would help if you could post a screenshot of your map.

Message 2 of 7 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@wayneout wrote:

you can't start exploring voeld without getting the very first forward station. you should be able to call it there as well as fast travel to it. if you get dropped off at the tempest then you need to head back into the main camp and head to the exit over looking the explorable area. i will try and post a map of voeld if you follow it you should be able to find out where you are and how to get to a forward station. i suggest you put down forward stations asap. while playing the game if i am doing a mission and i have to travel in the nomad i always check to see what forward stations are within the route i plan on going. this way i can set them up without wasting time allowing me to use them later if i need too.

the map starts from the top left. it is the location of the tempest. from there you should follow the map without any issues.

Message 3 of 7 (2,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help and the map. I just finished going to Meridan (great city in Horizon Zero Dawn)  I will see what I can

find. The one problem that I have had is that when I go to the sunlamps, my health keeps going down. I am playing on

a ps 4. But thanks I will see what I can do.

Message 4 of 7 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@wayneout wrote:

Thanks for the help and the map. I just finished going to Meridan (great city in Horizon Zero Dawn)  I will see what I can

find. The one problem that I have had is that when I go to the sunlamps, my health keeps going down. I am playing on

a ps 4. But thanks I will see what I can do.

that is odd. might be a bug. never had that happen to me.

Message 5 of 7 (2,063 Views)

★★★ Pro

The first part of Voeld could be a little confusing with low visibility and rapidly falling life support.  From the tempest just follow the lights to the resistance base.  Speak with the people there, use your quest markers if you need to.  You will be asked to speak to 2 of the scouts there for more information.  Go do that. the forward station will be close to the scouts.

Message 6 of 7 (2,050 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for all the help. With the map and the last suggestion, I made it to the resistance camp and from there I got

a forwarding station. I am now doing all the quests there.

So thanks again for all the help

Message 7 of 7 (2,029 Views)