Titanfall 2, file corruption detected

by B1gg13_Ch33s3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2, file corruption detected

★★★ Novice

I need help with titanfall 2

after I changed my game language to Russian as a joke, when I turned it back and it corrupted the game, when I click the cog icon nothing shows up

it does this even on BF1, and it says I have 125hrs play time of titanfall 2, which I don't so should I leave what I got as a Christmas present and hope you manage to actually make origin usable or just try to uninstall and re install again and again?

Message 1 of 8 (5,927 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2, file corruption detected

★★★ Novice

Thanks for everything, the best solution to remove the issue and virus is factory reset your PC

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (6,976 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

And I know my PC has counterflix but no antivirus or scan detects it, but it worked fine before even with counterflix 

Message 2 of 8 (5,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, now its origin being a *, I deleted all data for titfall 2 and origin crashes when I try to download it 

Message 3 of 8 (5,909 Views)

Community Manager

@B1gg13_Ch33s3 It sounds like your local install is in a bad state. You mention removing the files, did you manually uninstall them via the Control Panel> Programs and Features?

Perhaps a reinstall of Origin is on the cards too. 

As for your Origin/Counterflix issue there are some reports that resetting the hosts file helps with this. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-can-i-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (5,900 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll try a hard reset of origin, delete everything related to it

Message 5 of 8 (5,895 Views)

Community Manager

@B1gg13_Ch33s3 Hey, if you're going for the scorched-earth Origin uninstall you'll also want to delete the cache, as detailed here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Hopefully it won't be necessary and your issue is already sorted though. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (5,889 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for everything, the best solution to remove the issue and virus is factory reset your PC

Message 7 of 8 (6,977 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this extreme a step won't need to be taken by everyone, but it's good to read that your issue is resolved. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (5,873 Views)