Thank you DICE for acknowledging the issues of the Crate System!

by jguzmanb

Original Post

Thank you DICE for acknowledging the issues of the Crate System!

★★★ Apprentice

I really appreciate how EA & DICE has acknowledged our concerns of the crate system the day after the beta. It makes me feel more relieved how the system will be more balanced and not feel so much like pay to win. Here are a few reasons why the official statement makes me look more forward to progression.

1. Actual rank has more significance: In the beta, I didn't really feel that my actual rank had any significance because I can just simply upgrade any star card, use a weapon attachment, etc. as class rank and actual rank were separate from each other. This also raised a concern how anyone can just upgrade any star card by simply buying more loot crates with real money and get the strong star cards right away. The statement says how you have to be at a particular rank to earn the right to upgrade certain star cards and use the better weapons. This alone means you have to simply play the game to be stronger in a way that's fair and not feel like a gamble with micrortransactions. You also get crates by completing challenges and it feels rewarding to complete them.

2. Confirmation of duplicates becoming crafting parts: In the beta I really didn't appreciate how the duplicates weren't converted into crafting parts because I feel like I just threw away my credits for nothing. This also made it like you're being forced to use micro transactions to get a move on with getting more star cards and such. As a result, I barely got any crafting parts to get some epic star cards to try out and I would have to put too much time to buy more things I want. We now have confirmation the duplicates are gonna be crafting parts, so my progression will be better earned as the more I progress and earn basic star cards, the higher the chances are to get more crafting parts to buy things I want for myself.

3. Strong weapons aren't locked behind paywalls: The statement says how some strong weapons in the game will only be earned by getting in-game achievements. This really does give me an incentive to get achievements and just work for something. Again, strong weapons will not be earned by simply gambling with micro transactions.

4. Way more to unlock: I know the beta only had a limited amount of things to unlock, but it makes me excited to work for all the things the game has to offer due to the in depth content we're being tasked to collect. Even after launch, there will be plenty more DICE will offer us.

I have better faith the crate system and progression will be amazing after the statement left by EA & DICE, not perfect but enough to satisfy those that had concerns the entire progression was entirely based on the crates. And like the statement says, the micro transactions are mainly for the players who want to progress faster while not having the time to do so. Or for those who want to spend real money on them anyway. It's an option, micro transactions aren't mandatory! Plus DICE needs to make money somehow to give us more free DLC. So again, thank you EA & DICE for listening to the community.

Message 1 of 3 (377 Views)

Re: Thank you DICE for acknowledging the issues of the Crate System!

★★★ Apprentice

Right on! happy to see some positive feedback on here. its hard to believe there is still whiners about the game. if anything more input about the mechanics rather than something that really doesnt matter. 

Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: Thank you DICE for acknowledging the issues of the Crate System!

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. I know if I have criticisms of what doesn't work for the game, I explain why and potential solutions without just ranting for nothing. Looking forward to this.

Message 3 of 3 (324 Views)