Suggestion: Pets and Witches

by SmaugBR

Original Post

Suggestion: Pets and Witches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi folks!

Sorry posting it here in case this is not the right place to do it. First and foremost, a constructive critic: your forums are TOO MUCH complicated. I was just looking for a suggestion Forum for The Sims 4, and all I could find was a pile of weirdly organized topics. I suppose there are hidden sections for bugs, suggestions, general discussion, etc, but I could find none. This is my first time here, and I am completely lost. So, first request: try a more traditional - and accessible - approach: go from filter to filter, progressively, allowing us to select a game, then see the forum and the sections, and than post something.

Well, the main subject on this post is to suggest two MAJOR contents I really miss from The Sims 3: Witches and Pets. I'm not sure if this fits into Stuff Packs, Game Packs or if this have enough content to become Game Expansions, but I'd really like to have something to become Wizard / Witches (no need of zombies or werewolves, at least not for me) and to have my dogs, cats, mice (we already have them at City Living expansion, but they would be official pets) and hamsters, and other minor pets, like ant farms, fish tanks and tropical birds or exotic ones, like frogs, snakes, turtles, salamanders, ferrets, etc (I do not care about horses, lol).

For the Pets expansion, we could create a variety of races of dogs and cats, we would customize mice colors and dogs and cats breeds and colors (great work done in The Sims 3, please bring them back). As you did previously, these pets would be playable characters, would be able to mate and we would have a whole selection of items for them - we could even have a Pet Shop selection of items, a Pet Shop lot to visit and, for the ones who own the Get to Work expansion, we could be able to open and run our own Pet Shop, selling items for pets and even selling animals, like puppies, kittens, fishes, etc - which we could just order into our stocks or breed ourselves.

For the Witches / Wizards expansion, we could me able to plant (gardening) magical plants, like Mandrakes, Nightshades, and so on, so we could concoct potion using a cauldron (hmm new Sim skill ahoy, lol). We would drink these potions or throw on another sims, just like it was in The Sims 3. We could also have wands to cast spells (another skill which, in case it goes wrong, could affect our own sims negatively). We could also deal with Ghost Sims with these spells. We could have also an Enchanted Broom (hard to craft using a cauldron, then a special potion, then a Wand spell cast during the night, for instance), which would resemble the magic brooms from Walt Disney Fantasia (Mickey's Sorcerer Apprentice). These brooms would act like the old "Servo" from previous The Sims game, cleaning and fixing things... but as I said this would be a hard to come by solution, not to banalize the usual ways of the game, acting more like a prize.

We could even have a cross between these two Pack, Pets and Wizards: for the player who own both packs, we could have specific content, like unique pets (owls, ravens, snakes, rats, or even tigers, for instance), the ability to turn our Pets into Familiars (granting them magic powers), or magic pets (like fairies, carnivore sentient venus flytraps, gargoyles and mini-dragons).

Thanks a lot! :D

SmaugBR

Message 1 of 21 (2,134 Views)

Re: Suggestion: Pets and Witches

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @SmaugBR,

First of all, welcome to Answers HQ! :eahigh_file: And sorry for the confusion, this is the right place to post anything you want to say or ask about The Sims 4.

Thanks for such a detailed feedback, both for the forums and the game (in this and your other thread). Standard smile

I'll make sure to forward it, and please, let us know if you have any questions about how to use Answers HQ.

-Mai

Message 2 of 21 (2,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Smaugbr, I too would like most of these things!  However, I would much rather have horses than mice! LOL  Mice are ok as pets (I had a friend in college who had some), but I loved the horses in in the Sims3!  Of course, if I could only have one pet, it would be Dogs!  Most people's favorite pets are Dogs, Cats, & Horses, and then Birds.  Toddler Sims could practice talking with Parrots and Parakeets!  I loved how they did pets in Sims3 with us being able to control our dogs and cats. 

As for Witches, I like anything Paranormal in my Sims games.  I think they add to imaginative gameplay.  For example, my favorite Maxis-made Sim from Sims2 was an Alien named Stella and I made a great storyline with her seeking revenge on a Romance Sim by killing that Sim in college with the CowPlant, and turning her into a Zombie!  That was my all-time favorite story that I made in all of my Sims games from TS1 to TS4! Heart There was nothing funnier than seeing all the college guys thinking the Romance Sim-turned-Zombie was drop dead gorgeous, while her flesh was peeling and she made gurgling noises! Shocked Large smile   Comedy gold! :eahigh_file:  I like your idea for the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" style brooms acting as Servo!  I also miss the FairySims we used to have in the Sims!  You have touched on 2 of my favorite 3 Sims EPs from the past: Pets & Supernatural Sims, with the third one being Weather/Seasons!  Not that other EPs haven't been a blast, its just that these 3 are the categories I deem essential.  Pets and Weather are essential because everybody experiences weather and playing our Sims without it seems flat.  Most people either have Pets in real-life or know people who do.  I cannot really have my family without my dogs!  Supernatural isn't as essential for me, but like I said above, they make for great stories!  With the PlantSim Challenge I made a Vegetarian Sim that was married to a Gardening Sim who became a Plant Sim ... but the irony is that he eats veggies all the time, so how will he feel when his Wife becomes part veggie?!? Thinking Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 21 (2,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hi, Puglove888,

100% agreed. Pets, Supernatural and Seasons Are THE BEST extensions, making the The Sims experience complete!

The horses? I'm not against them. I just said I don't care about them, but if this is as you said, let there be horses too! :D I also mentioned mice because there are something similar in "City Living" expansion and they could be "minor pets", like birds or frogs.

Yes, you are correct: Playable and customizable dogs, then cats, then horses, like there were in The Sims 3 Standard smile

About Supernatural, as with horses,I don't care much for fairies or Zombies or Werewolves, but since the game is not being developed just for me, any addition which would enrich it is very welcome! And I would of course go playing with them too!

Thanks for sharing your views!
SmaugBR
Message 4 of 21 (2,062 Views)

Champion

My pleasure, SmaugBR!  Glad to talk to another Simmer who appreciates Pets & Supernatural Sims! Standard smile  I remember there were also mice in TS1, but they were "pests" that you trained your Cats to dispatch, the only problem being that you had to direct your Sims to clean them up for you!   I'm of the opinion that the "the more the merrier" when it comes to both Supernatural Sims and Animals in our Sims games!  The pet dragons we had in the past were fun too because they encompassed both my favorite Sims expansions categories! Heart

I also loved University in TS2, but part of that was because the music was wonderful (very much like what I listened to in college)... and I realize that if they redid University now, the music would still be the of the indie/alternative type, but it would be updated and I might not like it as much, LOL!  So while I loved TS2's Uni EP, I do not considerate crucial for my Simming experience!  Also, even my least favorite expansions that we have had, I still love! NerdParty hat  Thanks for your Topic, & your reply to my post!

Message 5 of 21 (2,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hello again!

I've hadn't played the previous University expansion. As far as I had contact with it, I considered it not worthwhile because it just added three days or so to your Sims life. While it was great in terms of immersion when you played a single Sim life specifically and individually (my favorite way of playing) instead of dealing with a whole family at once, the overall experience didn't appeal much to me Standard smile

Well, an EA staff member saw this post. I really hope we can have these two expansions - Pets and Supernatural - and I hope they get as rich and full of content as they can be. Let's hope for the best Wink

Thank YOU for stopping by and showing them I'm not alone in this opinions!

Take care! 😄
SmaugBR
Message 6 of 21 (2,027 Views)

Champion

Yeah, University didn't add much to a Sims lifespan, but you are right, it was a very immersive experience! Standard smile

Yes, lets hope the developers bring more Supernaturals, such as Witches to the game as well asd many Pets and seasons/weather to Sims4! Star Thanks again!  Heart

Message 7 of 21 (2,008 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, I forgot: AND SEASONS TOO :D
Wink
Message 8 of 21 (2,002 Views)

WITCHES

★★ Novice

I loved Vampire's so much! But my favorite Sims 3 pack would have to be Supernatural! I'm not really missing out on fairies or werewolves but I would really like witches! I would love to see how you interpret it, just a suggestion from an die hard sims fan <3

Message 9 of 21 (1,935 Views)

Re: WITCHES

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @misoosoupp112,

I have merged your post here because we were talking about witches here, and I thought you would like to read @SmaugBR and @PugLove888 ideas also Wink

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 10 of 21 (1,912 Views)