Re: Still not on PC?

by EA_Roger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Still not on PC?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Why is this game still not on PC after NINE YEARS? PC is the largest, most profitable gaming platform in the history of the planet. It benefits everyone by bringing it to the PC platform.

I thought EA was "On a Journey to Regain the Trust of the PC Gamer"

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/ea-were-on-a-journey-to-regain-trust-of-the-pc-gamer/

They could start by answering a simple question, rather than a total media blackout for a decade.

Message 1 of 11 (4,849 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

"this is information we don't have at this time."

And what exactly is being done to find that information?

I'd assume that after a decade, there's a memo somewhere about ignoring the largest player base in the history of video games.

If you don't have that information, who should I be asking? If you are unwilling or unable to disclose it, please provide me with the contact information of someone who is.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (6,455 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Killerskillet,

I'm getting back to you here after you updated the above message. I understand that this can be frustrating for PC players as they want to play on their platform, from what I gather the last version of NHL on PC was for NHL '09  and as far as we know there is no official confirmation whether or not this game is returning to this platform. Should that be the case we would release this information as soon as we have it and let you know.

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,756 Views)

★ Guide

"the last version of NHL on PC was for NHL '09"

Yes, that was nine years ago. Interestingly, NHL 09 has been removed from Origin. It's almost as though EA continues to stiff the PC audience in every way it possibly can.

"there is no official confirmation whether or not this game is returning to this platform"

So in other words, EA will carry on with its complete media blackout, as it has been doing for the past NINE YEARS.

Message 3 of 11 (4,698 Views)

Hey @Killerskillet,

We can confirm that NHL 18 will not be on PC as you have been informed previously. Honestly I don't think our teams would be able to confirm if the game is coming back to PC for any possible future iterations of the game when no game itself has even been confirmed as it stands.

This isn't a media blackout, we aren't holding back on information on purpose, this is information we don't have at this time. If and should are teams be able to share this information we will.

Thank you,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 4 of 11 (5,850 Views)

★ Guide

"this is information we don't have at this time."

And what exactly is being done to find that information?

I'd assume that after a decade, there's a memo somewhere about ignoring the largest player base in the history of video games.

If you don't have that information, who should I be asking? If you are unwilling or unable to disclose it, please provide me with the contact information of someone who is.

Message 5 of 11 (6,456 Views)

Hey @Killerskillet,

I'm going to close down this discussion as I have given you as much information as this possible on this topic. Any other query on this from you will be considered as spam going forward.

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 6 of 11 (4,689 Views)

Hey just wondering when NHL will come back to PC

★★ Guide

I realize NHL 18 is not on frostbite yet.  Will that make porting the game any easier?  NHL 19 on PC?  Why is the only EA Sports game on PC FIFA?  Why is Origin missing half of EA's games library?  Shouldn't Origin, being EA's games platform, have all of EA's games on it?  It seems like you're only hurting Origin by ignoring the games PC gamers constantly request?  PC is starved for a hockey game and EA is the only company making an NHL game.  EA wants more people to use Origin...welp.

Where's NHL, Madden, UFC, NBA Live and Rory McIlroy?  See numerous posts (weekly) asking for the same thing.  Just seems weird to ignore your own games on your own games platform.  Thanks!

By the way, I think you should probably engage with the pc gaming community on reddit at r /pcgaming or send a survey out to your Origin users to see how many people want to play these games.  You may be surprised to find that in fact, most people want to play these games on PC.  How do you gauge interest?  I've never once been asked what types of games I'd like to see on Origin after using the client for 4+ years.

Message 7 of 11 (4,776 Views)

Re: Hey just wondering when NHL will come back to PC

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, It also seems weird to buy up exclusive licenses for NHL and NFL and then refuse to put their games on as many platforms as possible.  Im pretty sure the NFL and NHL would like to maximize their exposure to as many people as possible.

Message 8 of 11 (4,760 Views)

Re: Hey just wondering when NHL will come back to PC

★ Guide

younever_know8 wrote:

How do you gauge interest?  I've never once been asked what types of games I'd like to see on Origin after using the client for 4+ years.

My goodness, what an excellent question.

Message 9 of 11 (4,731 Views)

PC Gaming

★★ Newbie
 Why we cant have NHL 18 on PC ????? 

Message 10 of 11 (4,170 Views)