Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Beta download

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront II Beta download

★ Guide

When can we download the beta? I know it starts at 4 or 6 October, but can we download it some days before?
I'm asking this because, as you should know, broad band internet connections around the world are not all that good, and I have a mediocre one.
So to download the several GB of the game it takes a great amount of time, and if the download also starts at 4 or 6 October I will not have the same time to play as the others, if any.
You could allow players to download it earlier but only allow to play it at the correct date. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 8 (5,067 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Community Manager

Hey @SithJun,

at this moment, we do not expect the Beta to have a preload - the Beta will become available on storefronts once it goes live and can be downloaded from there.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (8,048 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@SithJun Thanks for the post, unfortunately we don't have any info on this yet. Often there isn't a pre-download but hopefully there will be one, and we'll let folks know when we get any confirmation. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (5,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I think EA will do a great communication with lot of advertising for the open beta of this game, Battlefront, FiFA and BF being their major franchises.

Let's just be a little patient Standard smile

If we have answer to your question don't forget to accept message as solution Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (5,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think that you can download the beta the day it comes out (4th or 6th) it will be in the ready to install if u preorder or the store if not unfortunately u cannot download it before then

Message 4 of 8 (4,871 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey all,

we still don't have any information about the Beta and if there's gonna be a pre-load, but rest assured that it's gonna be posted here once we get going.

Message 5 of 8 (4,795 Views)

★ Guide

The Beta is upon us and still no light in this matter.
I'll probably not play this Beta because, as also has happened to the prior game, by the time I had finnished downloading it, the time was up.
A pre-load would be helpfull, but if EA does not approve it, well too bad. I'll wait till November 17th.

Message 6 of 8 (4,560 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @SithJun,

at this moment, we do not expect the Beta to have a preload - the Beta will become available on storefronts once it goes live and can be downloaded from there.

Message 7 of 8 (8,049 Views)

★★ Novice

So where is it. Im in Origin and at free games and Betas and dont see it. My BF4 clan may be making a comback and none of us can find or see SWBF2 beta download at all. Anyone have a fix?

Message 8 of 8 (2,144 Views)