Soldier icon opacity issue

by HekjeBees

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Soldier icon opacity issue

★★ Novice

Since the October update, the soldier icon opacity is nerved... I've been shooting a lot more at friendly's and I can barely see the difference between the blue icon and the red icon because it's so unclear. Sniping with an infanty weapon is not that fun as it used to be.

Message 1 of 11 (2,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Soldier icon opacity issue

★★ Pro
Hi @HekjeBees,
Yesterday a Dice developer wrote on Reddit that they are working for fix the issue and hope to fix for the next patch.

Navigando
If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,873 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
I believe this was a deliberate change by Dice. Here's how they describe it in the patch notes: "Fixed the issue where the gameplay options for controlling the visibility of the worldicons for enemy and friendly soldiers were not working properly." They did a similar nerf to icons last month, and got away with it.

Thousands of players are affected by this, and a lot of people have already uninstalled the game in disappointment, or said they will quit playing until icon color is fixed. There have been many negative comments about the nerf on the forums and YouTube.

After ignoring the outrage for 24 hours, Dice caved. They now claim it is a bug, and say they will fix it soon.

That's all I know. You can find a lot of comments about it on Reddit's Battlefield_One community.
Message 2 of 11 (2,137 Views)

Champion

Yes, I agree. DICE should make the friendly AND enemy indicators / icons much more opaque (i.e. back to what it was before).

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 11 (2,095 Views)

★★ Novice
I really hope they are going to fix it very soon..
Message 4 of 11 (1,995 Views)

★★★★ Expert

An update had to be installed Yesterday, but no fix for this issue in it Frown It's really annoying, the number of times I've been shooting at friendly soldiers/planes is countless

Message 5 of 11 (1,829 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had heard this was a bug that DICE are currently aware of, hopefully it should be fixed within the next update since I don't think it was intentional at any rate. At least to this degree.

Message 6 of 11 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm increasingly annoyed at this issue too, it's a huge problem when flying and trying to determine friend from foe... pretty much impossible until you can see no hit markets

Message 7 of 11 (1,749 Views)

★★ Pro
Hi @HekjeBees,
Yesterday a Dice developer wrote on Reddit that they are working for fix the issue and hope to fix for the next patch.

Navigando
If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]
Message 8 of 11 (1,874 Views)

★ Guide

Yes the sam problem me aswell ! In hardcore server i always kill my guys instead of enemy doldiers :D 

Would be great if dice would do it till next update Standard smile 

Message 9 of 11 (1,704 Views)

Champion

As of now, medium to long range shooting is a pain. It gives away your position as you fire on friendlies and may confuse your friendlies into thinking that you're the enemy (since they can barely see who it is, too). And, forget about it if you're playing on hardcore mode.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 10 of 11 (1,688 Views)