SAM

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

Re: SAM

★★★★ Pro

Maybe.

But the lines of what I'm thinking are more in the realms of psyque, something like Alec returning inside one of his sons, and using SAM to do it. But, it would mean that Alec is a maniac. ^_^

Message 11 of 23 (757 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

At least we'll now have a sexy male robot on our team.

But yeah - Bioware is still stuck on their synthesis ending.  If I had the option, I would rip SAM out of my Ryder's head.  I can see it going badly, and SAM doesn't really seem like a character.

Message 12 of 23 (738 Views)

★★ Pro

I like SAM and I would rather see him grow with my Ryder then turn evil or be evil.

Would rather see SAM as proof that AI and organic can co-exist.

However, each SAM is a seperate identity. I could see a SAM who is linked with a Pathfinder that has a volitile personality going bad. Just not the Ryders SAM. Not unless it gets hacked or is effected by the scourge or something.

Message 13 of 23 (781 Views)

★★ Guide

I think jpcerutti1 is one of those crazed anti-AI zealots!  He/she wants us to go back to living in caves, and using rocks as tools!

Message 14 of 23 (768 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

I like SAM and I would rather see him grow with my Ryder then turn evil or be evil.

Would rather see SAM as proof that AI and organic can co-exist.

However, each SAM is a seperate identity. I could see a SAM who is linked with a Pathfinder that has a volitile personality going bad. Just not the Ryders SAM. Not unless it gets hacked or is effected by the scourge or something.

Spoiler

You have to admit, it is pretty classic 2001 Space Odyssey to put the tic of making ER's survival paramount into his programming to allow him to run amok. I can totally hear his creepy voice giving me the HAL 9000 "I'm sorry Sara, I'm afraid I can't do that" speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJ8cAGm6JE

...only this one can stop your heart whenever it would like.

Message 15 of 23 (756 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Maybe it's the way around. Sarah/Scott start killing all kitten and puppy people start raising on the Nexus, bathing with the innocents' blood, then SAM intervenes, vitually crying with boolean tears, "I'm afraid of you, Scott. I can't allow you to kill Bongo (Vetra's kitten) or any other small defenseless, fluffy animal. I'll have to kill us both, for the sake of these puppies."

Our Sarah/Scott turns on the spot (as if SAM was behind them, sneaky bastar*), and with a deep, slow, hoarse, mutant-like voice, "I'm not my fatheeeeeer"

Saga ends. Poof.

Message 16 of 23 (746 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

Maybe it's the way around. Sarah/Scott start killing all kitten and puppy people start raising on the Nexus, bathing with the innocents' blood, then SAM intervenes, vitually crying with boolean tears, "I'm afraid of you, Scott. I can't allow you to kill Bongo (Vetra's kitten) or any other small defenseless, fluffy animal. I'll have to kill us both, for the sake of these puppies."

Our Sarah/Scott turns on the spot (as if SAM was behind them, sneaky bastar*), and with a deep, slow, hoarse, mutant-like voice, "I'm not my fatheeeeeer"

Saga ends. Poof.

Think the bioware people are cat people rather than dog people...  Dont even see a single dog in the game, but cats...  Well Vetra was complaining about Sid giving out some resources to make cats, the Angarian are feline looking and the Kett, well phonetically they sound like cats.

Message 17 of 23 (740 Views)

★★ Guide

and from the first series, the krogans were the dogs... the neutered dogs.

Message 18 of 23 (732 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

Saga ends. Poof.

Spoiler
While I know you are going for joke, they have now established the plot device of your death to have you play your twin.

If your death was traumatic for SAM... initially they merge a dead guy with SAM and then you die twice more. Once by SAM's choice. You're not even offered the option of saying no. That makes sense, since you're no longer allowed to make those decisions. SAM controls you. Yow watch the replacement of your neurons, that die, with the blue ones, which are SAM. Each time you die this happens. You are becoming SAM by attrition.

They keep killing you and bringing you back, like death is some kind of parlor trick in the game. Where is the dialogue option to discuss your multiple deaths with Lexi? To even answer her when she (or anyone else) brings it up to you with anything that is neither flip or practically justified on the conversation wheel? It can alter your body chemistry, effect your senses, control your muscles - you weren't given the option. SAM *is* learning with you as you progress through the game; it is learning control.
Message 19 of 23 (721 Views)

★★★★ Pro

That's an interesting notion. :eahigh_file: It wouldn't save the whole plot, but at least this small part would be more enigmatic, somber, interesting. Alas, AI. Thanks for sharing. Wink

Message 20 of 23 (717 Views)