Photomode options?

by MrPatrickJr

Original Post

Photomode options?

★★★★★ Novice

Since we're getting photomode. What options will we be having? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,568 Views)

Re: Photomode options?

★★★ Apprentice

The previous version of Snapshot is pretty good, and I'd like to make some suggestions for improvement:

1,Generally speaking, I hope visual quality in photo mode is better than normal game mode.In Forza Horizon, lighting quality and texture resolution are much higher in photo mode than in normal game mode.So its screenshots look very clean and sharp.

2,For some players without 4K monitors, The Crew provides the 4K resolution screenshot save options. That's a good idea, and I hope Need for Speed Payback has this option too.

3,The anti-aliasing method for Need for Speed 2015 was TAA. TAA has a very good anti-aliasing effect for stationary objects.However, TAA often generates sampling artifacts for moving objects.The Need for Speed 2015 can't be paused, so in photo mode, electric wires, the leaves of the trees and some other objects are still moving.There are very obvious artifacts on these objects in the screenshot.Need for Speed Payback supports the pause function in single player mode, so it's possible that the problem has been solved.

4,The environment is set in a dry and hot desert, so we can see animated heat distortion effect in the previous trailers.In photo mode, I'd like to have a switch option to turn off the heat distortion effect.

Message 2 of 6 (1,548 Views)

★★ Expert

@CM_dnegative Turning off environment won't be possible in the game.....like the heat you were talking about at the end of your post.

Also to capture great picture I have always found an independent program such as Bandicam always is one new option for you.

I personally own this program and paid for the full version. 

So I can attest to the quality of pictures I have taken in my video games. 

Plus Bandicam has a wide range of use too.

I'm simply commenting here and nothing more to be helpful to anyone who reads this thread.

Thanks for your understanding...and yes I agree with many of your other well made points about picture taking in the game.

Here is Bandicam link if interested.

https://www.bandicam.com/

Regards

BLVD69

Message 3 of 6 (1,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just want to be able to freeze time while taking pictures, which should be possible considering the pause menu is back.

Message 4 of 6 (1,474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

what would be nice also is the 4k export, as stated above already.

Message 5 of 6 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In fact, we can turn off the rain effect when we take snapshots in Need for Speed 2015.In some scenes I like to turn on rain effect, and in some other situations I tend to turn it off.Like the rain effects, the animated heat distortion effect is also a post-processing effect.So I think it's not difficult to provide a switch option in snapshot editor.

If we can freeze time while taking pictures, then the artifacts generated by TAA is not a problem.The anti-aliasing effect of the stationary vegetation is very good in Need for Speed 2015.

Thank you for providing this capture software, and I still prefer to use the game built-in screenshots mechanism.Because I can modify the brightness, contrast, saturation, or filter of the screenshots in real time.

Message 6 of 6 (1,445 Views)