Pay to win how to cancel my Pre-order?

by Sir_frags_alot3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pay to win how to cancel my Pre-order?

★★ Novice

How do I cancel my Pre Order?

I have recently found out that the game is going to be pay to win and I dont want any part of that!

Message 1 of 11 (1,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pay to win how to cancel my Pre-order?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sir_frags_alot3 As far as I know you can cancel your Pre-order on Order History page in your EA Account  https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/orderhistory/index  In case if you Pre-ordered the game via Origin Store.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,657 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sir_frags_alot3 As far as I know you can cancel your Pre-order on Order History page in your EA Account  https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/orderhistory/index  In case if you Pre-ordered the game via Origin Store.

Message 2 of 11 (1,658 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Sir_frags_alot3

Can you clarify the pay-to-win part? I've been monitoring the Alpha feedback forums and there's been no discussion about that being a fact, whatsoever. 

Would love to hear more from you Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87You can buy card packs with real money and some of the cards give more health and more blaster damage.

So for instance on lauch everybody has 4 health and takes 4 shots to kill someone can rock up with Parents card buy a shedload of card packs get a few perk card that could cause them to have say 6 health and kill in 2 shots.

why cant it you be skins emotes etc.

I dont want  pay full price and then loose in a straight up fight because someone spent more money than me.

Regards.

Message 4 of 11 (1,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Sir_frags_alot3

Noted! Thanks for elaborating.

I understand your concerns, but do note that the contents of the crates is completely random. You can't directly buy your way to victory.  But if you're still worried, then I would recommend to just keep an eye out for the game to see how the power-ups are doing once the game has been released.

Cheers,

Message 5 of 11 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Except by making crates purchasable with real money, you're allowing players who can afford it to pay for a competitive advantage, them being random doesn't matter, because certain players will keep buying packs until they get all the rare drops they want. Would you think it's fair in an NFL game if the opposing team could just buy yards? Of course they still have to make a touchdown, but making it easier for certain players is by *definition pay to win. Just for the record,  Developers don't get the luxury of defining terms like, P2W or scripting, that is ultimately based on consensus from the gaming community.

Message 6 of 11 (1,335 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ViperFif4

How this system will look isn't final yet, so as suggested before, I would recommend to keep an eye out for any Battlefront news. You're also free to leave your comments either here, or on the official Battlefront forums:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/

Message 7 of 11 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

I understand, I will be following it closely and truly hope that EA listen to its community of paying customers, but I'm not a betting man and you can probably guess where I'd put every single dollar I have Wink

Message 8 of 11 (1,311 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ViperFif4

We really appreciate it that you stopped by for a chat with us about it. It's definitely good feedback so I will pass it on to the team.. :-)

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 11 (1,306 Views)

To be honest, things that would affect gameplay should be given in randomized crates at the end of a battle and not sold in the store. That would curb any unbalance. 

Store should sell only stuff that would not affect gameplay: stuff like skins, paints, characters. The same stuff should be unlocked through normal means (a.k.a. playing the game), but the health/damage/resistance boosters really should not be sold. 

Looking forward to more SP campaign vids and hoping that EA won't fall into the pay to win trap. 

Also, excessive grinding isn't something that today's players are keen on, so a balanced farm would be fabulous. In our days, people seem to have less time for their hobbies, so that's something to keep in mind, too, when balancing the game. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 10 of 11 (1,286 Views)