Pathfinder Elite-Weapon-Set

by n7dts

Original Post

Pathfinder Elite-Weapon-Set

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

will it be possible to find the "Pathfinder-Eliteweapon-Set" from the deluxe edition in the standard edition?

I am afraid of missing this set, when buying the standard edition.  What kind of weapons are they? Does anyone know?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 13 (5,027 Views)

Re: Pathfinder Elite-Weapon-Set

★ Apprentice

Other than the info in the new briefing today I do not believe there have been any actual specs listed for any weapons at all.

Sorry- I want to know also!

Message 2 of 13 (5,006 Views)

@n7dts

The weapon set is exclusive to the deluxe editions, so you can't get it if you buy a standard edition.

The state of this weapons is unknown at the moment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 13 (4,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I heard someone say that there will be a deluxe upgrade pack downloadable from the xbox and playstation stores(for a price) for people who only got the standard eddittion as a physical copy of the deluxe edditions are only avaalble in the USA.

Message 4 of 13 (4,928 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not done with the game yet, but I can honestly say that the weapons are not important.  They are good starters, but you can find or craft better pretty quickly.

Message 5 of 13 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DWolvin wrote:

I'm not done with the game yet, but I can honestly say that the weapons are not important.  They are good starters, but you can find or craft better pretty quickly.

what i would have said. also the pathfinder weapon set only go up to level 5, where as most everything else goes up to 10.

---edit

and you can't disassemble them for augs or resources, only destroy them.

so in retrospect, definitely not worth the $10usd they want for it. imho 

---edit

post below me beat me to the punch... lol

Message 6 of 13 (1,491 Views)

★★ Guide

@DWolvin wrote:

Plus there's a pair of bugs associated with them that make them pretty unappealing. One, they don't possess an equivalent "Advanced" MkVI-X set, and they can't be disassembled, only destroyed, so you don't get back augmentations used on them.

Message 7 of 13 (1,490 Views)

★★★ Guide

@pyrion wrote:

@DWolvin wrote:

Plus there's a pair of bugs associated with them that make them pretty unappealing. One, they don't possess an equivalent "Advanced" MkVI-X set, and they can't be disassembled, only destroyed, so you don't get back augmentations used on them.

Not having higher tiers wasn't a bug, it was a design choice. But due to feedback, they plan on changing that. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,479 Views)

★★ Guide

"It's not a bug, it's a feature," eh?

Message 9 of 13 (1,445 Views)

★ Guide

I was actually about to post a question about not being able to disassemble the pathfinder weapons, thank you for answering that.  I learned this the hard way, and ended up destroying (which is the only option) a couple  of pathfinder weapons that I had  created early in the game.  The weapons weren't a loss (I find all of them inferior to others you can create), but I lost some high quality augmentations that were not recoverable.  You can remove mods from them in the loadout station, but augmentations are gone forever.  I wonder if this was an over sight, or intentional, as they are the only weapons I've made that couldn't be deconstructed.

I do like the armor and how it looks, but the weapons just don't stack up to many of the others you can create.  Disappointing for an extra feature that didn't come with the standard edition, but had to pay extra for.

@pyrion wrote:

@DWolvin wrote:

Message 10 of 13 (1,441 Views)