Re: Physical copy of SWBFII Deluxe edition for PC

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC Retail Disc for Star Wars Battlefront 2?

★★★ Newbie

Will there be a PC-Disc version of Star Wars Battlefront 2?

Message 1 of 8 (5,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC Retail Disc for Star Wars Battlefront 2?

EA Staff

Hello @Sheepanius,

The pre-order that is available for the PC is on Origin, which is a download version only. I don't believe there are any confirmed details yet when it comes to a disc version for PC and if it will be released.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (8,452 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Sheepanius,

The pre-order that is available for the PC is on Origin, which is a download version only. I don't believe there are any confirmed details yet when it comes to a disc version for PC and if it will be released.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 8 (8,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't get bothered to buy a PC game without  DVD Rom in the box.... I have a poor connection and with the size of games nowadays 50Gb or more it will take me days to  download this... So if there won't be anything like that i probably wont buy it cause i don't wanna wait forever to play a game i could install instantly. We dont all have high connection. I wish EA  though about it. I really hope they will put disc in box for PC as for consoles. 

Message 3 of 8 (5,375 Views)

Physical copy of SWBFII Deluxe edition for PC

★★★ Newbie

I'm searching everywhere if I will be able to purchase a physical copy of the deluxe edition for this game. Can someone please help? Thank you

Message 4 of 8 (5,377 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Edelsweiss,

thanks for your feedback - unfortunately, there's no further information yet about a physical copy for PC.

Since even for disc-based installations, the important part is the product code, maybe it would be an option to go to a friend's place with fast internet. There you could log on a PC, download Origin and the game and copy it onto an external drive (or bring your laptop). Then copy the installation folder to your hard drive and it should be recognized by Origin.

For now it's still wait and see as we get closer to launch.

Message 5 of 8 (5,365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@S_Loza I think this article can provide some information where you can buy EA Games https://www.help.ea.com/en-za/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2 Please pay attention to information about product that you want to buy on retail stores.

Message 6 of 8 (5,361 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @S_Loza,

I merged your thread into an existing one - if there should be any new information, this thread will be updated, until then, it's still what I posted last night: So far there's 2 versions only and I don't know if the PC version comes as code in a box only or with a disc - yet.

Message 7 of 8 (5,354 Views)

★ Novice

I believe that it won't come with disc(s) as if you were to pick up a "physical copy" it would be more than likely be a code in box. Many big EA titles that have PC physical releases since late 2015, from what I've seen so far, has been mark with "PC Download Only" on the box.

Message 8 of 8 (5,028 Views)