Re: [PC] Does anyone else HATE the glyph puzzles?

by Simpson3k

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@mberezovsky wrote:

The puzzles are actually some fun and new to ME series. They are not so hard to solve. I already have many keys to hack them but never used because there's no point. Even 5x5 are easy to solve. There are usually places where obviously only 1 glyph can be placed and placing it you receive new sections of only one possible.

You clearly enjoy puzzles and that is fine, but i personally HATE puzzles, they just are not my thing.

But for everyone here that doesn't like them, here is the website with the solutions to the puzzles and there are no story spoilers, not from what i have seen so far, what i do is, make note of the quest name and when i get to a puzzle, i ALT-TAB find the quest and it gives the solution.

http://www.powerpyx.com/mass-effect-andromeda-glyph-puzzle-solutions-locations/

So far, each puzzle solution has been correct.

If you like the puzzles, good for you, but if you hate them like i hate them, here you go and you are welcome.

Message 31 of 91 (1,623 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have more problems with finding the damn glyphs!

Message 32 of 91 (1,612 Views)

★ Guide

@ianandrews292 wrote:

The Glyp situation is stopping me playing this game. I have been on Eos for an age and cannot even find the second Glyp. My scanner has stopped working and I am fed up with it.

Origin - This is really bad, why would I want to buy any more of your products?

Yeah, please dont, people like you who complain at getting a piece of gold why it isn´t platinum. The biggest challenge if at all is the abuse of google. Better than that part in ME 2, overlord station where you had to be a stick pro and navigate around that geth ship gun to continue the dlc quest arc. Because dexterity with the controles you cannot google, while a simple glyph riddle without any time limit you can easy take your time with, take a nap between each placed symbol if you have to or google all night long.

Message 33 of 91 (1,609 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

These puzzles remind me of the DA:I puzzles where you had to draw a shape exactly like how it was displayed to you. At least those were optional though, and they yielded high level loot if I recall correctly. So they were optional, and if you chose to do them you were appropriately rewarded for doing so.

Message 34 of 91 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually I rather enjoy them. Sure a few of them are annoying but in the end they are just simple logic puzzles. Find the one row or column that can only be one possibility and work your way out from there. You'll find you can "hack" the language faster than you could hack some of the consoles in ME2. Beyond that, it also adds that the feeling this is an alien technology and to borrow a phrase "not just something you can slap omnigel on to open it"

Message 35 of 91 (1,570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Personally, I have found all the puzzles enjoyable. However, I agree that the puzzles definitely missed the mark. One's ability to solve Sudoku should not wall off portions of the game. That seems antithetical to any conceivable gaming experience that a developer would be looking for. At most, the Sudoku style puzzles should have been used for minor side missions. 

Message 36 of 91 (1,566 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What I think the devs should do is to give an option after you have scanned for the missing glyphs you should have a choice to automatically solve or to solve the puzzle manually. Anyways I don't like this glyph puzzle either.

Message 37 of 91 (1,546 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am a bit on the fence with sudoku puzzles. I do like them very much (they are actually quite easy), but I do agree that people can have issues with sudoku.

On the other hand, some people can be bad with gun aiming, running from resetting vaults, jumping to the top of Mithrava, spotting hidden caches, or retaining attention to some longer texts in dialogues. I mean: there are always parts of the game that are inconvenient to *someone*. Plus there is an easy way to circumvent those puzzles with Remnant Decryption Keys, so I really do not find them game breaking for anyone (obviously: if some puzzles cannot be overridden with decryption it should be corrected in the next patch).

And myself... Myself, I would prefer those puzzles to stay in the game.   :-)

Message 38 of 91 (1,532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It was difficult at first, but once I figured out it was like Sokudu, it became much easier.  The fact that the shapes can help when you are stuck on a row - just take a breath - and settle into it.  Once you get that part, it will be more enjoyable for you, at least it was for me.  Good luck

Message 39 of 91 (1,526 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

1. I see them as time wasters, and fill in to make the game longer, and little else.

2. I had a little trouble getting use to the f roger game in ME1, but omni gel was helpful if you were in a hurry.  

3. I had to adapt a bit more for ME2, but I got use to it.

4. These are sort of okay, but mostly I just see them as some Bean counter concept to make the game longer, and thus better to advertise as a 50 hour RPG.

After all every one knows a good RPG lasts a long time, so Bean counter to the rescue who, more than likely asked, or suggested to the programmers that they needed to add a simple mini game or something to extend the game play time, but don't waste time on anything that will make to much extra design expense.

I am guessing, but I bet I am not to far off.

Message 40 of 91 (1,522 Views)