Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

by Nykara360

Original Post

Re: Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

@RaeLarkham wrote:

I would SO love to see this! In fact, the game had a missed opportunity in really going into this aspect when that one Angara female was scanning Ryder (with the option for Ryder to scan her first) and also Lexi's Jaal physiology scans as well as the intimate scene with Sara and Jaal. My nerd sensibilities wanted to know their genetic makeup! I really found the bioelectricity fascinating and would have loved to have seen an exchange between that one doctor in the medbay lab and biotic Sara about the similarities and differences between the two.

There were lots of opportunities for them to talk about reproductive compatibility for angarans and humans. I know the game kind of tends to push Asari and Angarans together (the soccer match and the bed in the Kadara hostel), but imagine the kinds of stories and scientific possibilities that can open up with human and angaran children! The Jardaan and the Kett would especially be intrigued with them.

From the codex in the game, we already know the Angarans are warm-blooded mammals like us yet internally, they are different: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Angara

I would love to seeHuman/ Angaran hybrid children as well and how they would be seen by the angara. LOVE Star Trek and if this series continues, it'd be interesting to see a Spock-like situation as the Angaran and humans try to get along in Andromeda. I kind of wish there were more conflict with some of the angaran people after Sara and Jaal got together. Since there were the Roekkar and others who are still distrusting and not caring about humans, I think they would have some pushback even after the evens of Meridian and such.

I hope they continue building this world because there is so much potential for stories and more lore to build.

Exactly.
I really love the potential politics ramifications that could come of something like this. Possibly it wouldn't happen so much with Asari, Angara pairings because they would just be Asari kids at the end of the day. However a hybrid where both species can mate together and their kids mating with other hybrid kids could bring about an entirely new situation.

Would they be accepted on the whole by both species, only one of the two spec8es, or be outcasts amoungst them all etc? Would some groups try to ban such pairings? How far would they go? 

Would it effect the pure blood human line in the long run with only so few humans in helius?

So much to think about.

Plus cute human/ angara babies.

Would it effectively make more human biotics with the angara and their electrical ability they have which is similar. We know ourselves we have a small amount of electrical currents in us by the shocks we get from certain objects and wind and the fact some people like my mum have issues wearing watches (higher electrical activity in her body effects the lifespan of watch batteries). So it could just enhance somethingwe already have thats not nearly as predominant in humans.

Would love to dig further into the biology of it all.

Please bioware do this !

I don't know that bioelectricity would increase biotic potential or even really interact with biotics at all. I think it would be more likely that they would develop, for lack of a better term, tazer abilities. IE, the human part of them would allow them to not need the reservoir of bioelectric energy, allowing, or even requiring, them to discharge it externally for various effects.

I think it would also be interesting to look at other hybrids out there, such as Turians-Quarians, PeeBee-Jaal, and maybe Salariens-Krogan (although Angara-Krogan seems more likely). I think that all of them would have and cause problems, but it might be worth it to see Tann and Morda flip out, especially if there was a Salarien-Krogan Romeo and Juliet quest line.

It would also be interesting to find some Kett scientists who are more interested in playing with genes than making Kett and can be hired to help different species reproduce, like Ryder-Vetra or Sloane-Kaetus

Message 21 of 29 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You have the Jardaan,a faction of the original race of the Angara, who noticed that their home planet will no longer sustain them. Seeing no viable option, they create the Remnant and vaults to terraform other planets. As we see, there are many more vaults. Once enough vaults come online, it creates a distortion with dark matter, which gives rise to the Scourge. They adapt the Remnant bots to begin attacking the Scourge, which leads to the Remnant fighters, but it's all for naught. I'm thinking of the Scourge as being a corrective universal force, and the Jardaan, or rather Angaran, are trying to punch the wind here. This is when the original Angara split into two factions; the Kett and the Jardaan. The Kett is the group (much like the Roekaar) that is uneasy and not willing to fight a seemingly loosing battle. The Jardaan stay and try to fight. This is when we'd see warring between the factions. With the Kett probably having spies amongst the Jardaan, they catch wind of genetic modification. The Kett manage to steal the plans or some of the serum and begin experimenting with it after escaping the cluster. That's when they discover they can start assimilating other less advanced races. This starts turning them into beings that all look the same, have the same genetic makeup, and have a cult mentality. Meanwhile, the Jaradaan test the serum, see how crazed it makes their test subjects and scrap that plan. They refocus their efforts on creating a race that can live in the scourge while still maintaining key genetic markers that resemble the Angara. And now we have the "manufactured" Angara as we know them in Andromeda. The Jardaan are still in "Oh * mode".

Message 22 of 29 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Deleted

Message 23 of 29 (1,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just to point out but nothing says the Jaardan are native to Andromeda. In point of fact the game alludes to the Jaardan only appearing in the Andromeda system in the last 600 years, between the initiative departure and arrival at the cluster.

One of the ways you can colonize a system is to bio-engineer your species to a new habitat. With the Angara "memories" of "re-incarnation", and the ability to interact with technology using bio-electrics it points to them being essentially a "housing" for Jaardan consciousness which are potentialy stored digitally. We already know the data they can store in a small area is immense (peebee > Eos Vault), so its feesibly they could store a consciousness of an individual.

This to me seems extremely likely as it would make the 3 main protagonists non-native to Andromeda (Initiative / Kett / Jaardan). That then allows for the possibility of a "native" andromeda species as being the Jaardans "enemy".

If one assumes the above, it then makes sense that a native species would see Jaardan as invaders, intent on altering the cluster to their criteria at the expense of a previously un-named native race. Since the Jaardan rely so heavily on tech, the scourge becomes a universal weapon against them doing so.

But there is one major bug-bear I have with the games plot.

Dark Energy. How can "dark energry" interact with matter? My physics is a bit shoddy but afaik the whole point of it being called "dark" energy is that it does not interact with matter.

Message 24 of 29 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

(site shenanigans? editing a post makes it disappear?)

Message 25 of 29 (1,082 Views)

★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

Okay so, since they were actually created by another species who were clearly interested in the creation of life. 

What if they are also the first species who can fully procreate with other species? If they are biologically compatible with at least some?

That seems like a rather big assumption though. The Angara were seemingly created by the Jardaan or Remnant but put in the Heleus Cluster with planets that apparently needed to be made habitable in the first place to support life.

No other species were created as far as I can tell and the Kett have their rather unique form of procreation at the cost of other species.

Tell me, why would the Jardaan/Remnant be concerned with inter-species pro-creation? I find the idea that you can Romance Jaal a typical BioWare thing but I'm still waiting for the explanation of how it is possible to travel 600 years in space to another galaxy entirely only to run into a genetically manufacted race that also happens to be biologically compatible. That's some space magic that.

Reminds me of, I think, Independence Day...you know the part where Aliens invade Earth and the protagonist learns how to fly an enemy fighter in mere minutes to deliver a computer virus to the Alien mothership that happens to have compatible computer systems so that the virus actually does anything at all. Nothing short of miraculous.

So really, other than the BioFact that Jaal seems to be compatible...well, actually I never indulged in the Jaal romance...is there an actual sex scene there?

Hey, maybe there is an explanation for it, but maybe BioWare decided there are no limits between species compatibility whenever it suits them, but then the Kett really are the odd ones out here then, aren't they?

Message 26 of 29 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@lexandro_Albion wrote:

Just to point out but nothing says the Jaaldan are native to Andromeda. In point of fact the game alludes to the Jaaldan only appearing in the Andromeda system in the last 600 years, between the initiative departure and arrival at the cluster.

One of the ways you can colonize a system is to bio-engineer your species to a new habitat. With the Angara "memories" of "re-incarnation", and the ability to interact with technology using bio-electrics it points to them being essentially a "housing" for Jaaldan consciousness which are potentialy stored digitally. We already know the data they can store in a small area is immense (peebee > Eos Vault), so its feesibly they could store a consciousness of an individual.

This to me seems extremely likely as it would make the 3 main protagonists non-native to Andromeda (Initiative / Kett / Jaaldan). That then allows for the possibility of a "native" andromeda species as being the Jaaldans "enemy".

If one assumes the above, it then makes sense that a native species would see Jaaldan as invaders, intent on altering the cluster to their criteria at the expense of a previously un-named native race. Since the Jaaldan rely so heavily on tech, the scourge becomes a universal weapon against them doing so.

But there is one major bug-bear I have with the games plot.

Dark Energy. How the hell can "dark energry" interact with matter? My physics is a bit shoddy but afaik the whole point of it being called "dark" energy is that it does not interact with matter.

That's why it's science fiction. We have some current speculation that dark energy and dark matter can react with matter as we know it. There's so many things about physics that we don't know and will remain untouched for centuries. Element zero falls under that category. In game lore, the Scourge is a physical manifestation of dark matter. Just like how we have solid, liquid, gas, and plasma type matter, who's to say that dark matter can't exist in a form that can be manipulated in such a way that it is able interact with normal matter?

Message 27 of 29 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is in game lore/info that the Kett are from outside the helius cluster and that they've been doing this genetic absorption/distribution campaign for a long while.

Long before they found the Angara/Remnant.

Message 28 of 29 (556 Views)

Community Manager
@ProjectEclypsis Hey there, this thread is pretty old so we're locking it to prevent necroposting. Feel free to open a new thread in the board if there's anything you'd like to discuss Standard smile
Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 29 of 29 (546 Views)