Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

by Nykara360

Original Post

Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

★★ Pro

Okay so, since they were actually created by another species who were clearly interested in the creation of life. 

What if they are also the first species who can fully procreate with other species? If they are biologically compatible with at least some?

I mean I know the Asari can, but only by creating another Asari.

I want to see the first hybrid species ! Star Trek did it. Maybe its time at least one species in andromeda can to?

I wanna see thoee Angara / Human hybrids! ( and kids, lets see some kids in the future of the game, we can clearly do height differences now)

And yes I may have a vision in my head of Lexi scanning Sara in the future and saying omg your pregnant because they just wouldn't expect it. If any species can, it should be the genetically created Angara Standard smile

Message 1 of 29 (4,332 Views)

Re: Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Angara are dextro-amino or whatever so they are like Turians and Quarians, so I don't think they can. I am talking on memory. I am no biologist either .. so maybe? Tongue out

Message 2 of 29 (4,299 Views)

★★★ Pro

lore and reality never seemed to stop EA or bioware, so why stop now?

Message 3 of 29 (4,282 Views)

★ Guide

@MeinChurro wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Angara are dextro-amino or whatever so they are like Turians and Quarians, so I don't think they can. I am talking on memory. I am no biologist either .. so maybe? Tongue out

you are wrong.

Message 4 of 29 (4,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Suvi eats the angara fruit so I believe they are more like humans than turians. I actually don't know if they have said. Two species that are close can have children but are those children sterile? A horse can breed with a donkey but the offspring, mule, is sterile. Asari reproduction reminds me of viruses. It uses the dna of the host to create a new virus strain, asari. If I remember my lore, humans have more dna than any other milky way species. If the angara have a double helix or possibly even a triple helix with the same base pairs as a human, it could be possible, especially if they have more dna than a human. 

Angara being able to create children with humans would be a huge storyline. Can you imagine having a limited number of breeding pairs to keep a species alive and a significant portion of them choose to breed with other species, angara and asari? Cerberus would be reborn. To keep a species genetically viable, you need at the very least 10% of the population. By only bringing 20,000 humans, the human species is already significantly limited. They better have a lot of frozen embryos hidden somewhere. 

Message 5 of 29 (4,273 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

And yes I may have a vision in my head of Lexi scanning Sara in the future and saying omg your pregnant because they just wouldn't expect it. 

Sarah: "Really? But ... but I haven't used my * for months!" Joke option.

Lexi: "Hum..."

Sarah: "What does it look like?"

Lexi: "It's a Kett."

Sarah's shocked reaction.

Message 6 of 29 (4,258 Views)

★★ Pro

@chrissyce1123 wrote:

Suvi eats the angara fruit so I believe they are more like humans than turians. I actually don't know if they have said. Two species that are close can have children but are those children sterile? A horse can breed with a donkey but the offspring, mule, is sterile. Asari reproduction reminds me of viruses. It uses the dna of the host to create a new virus strain, asari. If I remember my lore, humans have more dna than any other milky way species. If the angara have a double helix or possibly even a triple helix with the same base pairs as a human, it could be possible, especially if they have more dna than a human. 

Angara being able to create children with humans would be a huge storyline. Can you imagine having a limited number of breeding pairs to keep a species alive and a significant portion of them choose to breed with other species, angara and asari? Cerberus would be reborn. To keep a species genetically viable, you need at the very least 10% of the population. By only bringing 20,000 humans, the human species is already significantly limited. They better have a lot of frozen embryos hidden somewhere. 

I was just thinking about this.

Humans can eat Angara food. The angara just mash everything into a nutrient paste so nothing is wasted. Eating an actual fruit is expensive and a luxury they only engage in during special occasions but they aren't dextro.

Also if the Angara are created, who knows what hidden things they are created with? Maybe one of those things is a somewhat adaptive reproduction system.

It could very well be interesting for the future if they can mate, as stated the human species (like all the milky way species) are already limited. It could be a very interesting direction and lead to problems later.

Its actually not as many as you might think to keep a species viable though. So long as there is something like around 40 who are not in anyway related to each other to continue a species then there is enough genetic diversity to prevent cross breeding problems arising.

Still you just know someone would make it an issue with too many half beeds around.

Could be fun.

Message 7 of 29 (4,247 Views)

★ Pro

Now let's not limit ourselves. This is a new galaxy and new opportunities for all, so we should allow for other crossbreeds as well, at least along the lines of the reproductively compatible. For instance, the Krogan and Salarians both lay eggs, so you get Krogan/Salarian hybrids. And let's not forget all that Fleet & Flotilla stuff we got hit with in ME2&3, especially if you let Garrus and Tali get together. With that kind of lead up we'd better see some interracial dextro babies. Anyway, opening up reproduction would allow many of us to follow romances we would otherwise avoid as being a one generation burn out (Cough, Cough, Vetra!)

Message 8 of 29 (4,234 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@zeypherIN wrote:

@MeinChurro wrote:

you are wrong.

Maybe4.. I thought I heard that they were dextro at some point in the campaign. I can't remember when or where, and I am definitely not playing it again for a few more patches. Fingers crossed

Message 9 of 29 (4,227 Views)

★★ Guide

Wow, you folks are WAY beyond my league in these conversations.  Evolutionary genetics and mutation, cross breeding for complex species not yet explained.  Sheesh....  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Ryder mates with Vetra in a full suit of armor...

Message 10 of 29 (4,209 Views)