Re: Not able to search Networks to join other than Advocate

by gilkill83

Original Post

Not able to search Networks to join other than Advocate

★★★ Newbie

Networks-XBox One

Not able to search for available Networks other than Advocate. Went to titanfall.com, logged in, added 6 Networks but they are not showing in the search option for Xbox One. Tried to search by Network name and still nothing. All search settings are set to default. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,348 Views)

Community Manager

@arizza99 Hi, I encountered a similar issue before but I just had to wait a while. Can you try playing a match then check the networks browser again?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,334 Views)

★ Novice

I have had the similar issue, but when on titanfall.com I can join other networks and it changes it for me in game but then as soon as one match on that network is over it boots me back to the advocate network and wont let me set any of the others back within the xbox console. Is there anyway to join a network and be left in that network or even set that network again without it changing you back?

Message 3 of 10 (1,325 Views)

Community Manager

@TDRK4 Hmm, it shouldn't be snapping back. Can you try logging into the game and leave it idle for about 5 minutes? Don't wait too long,  you don't want to get kicked for inactivity.

If you wait a bit, can you change your network in the game itself?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,319 Views)

★ Novice

It still wont let me change my network. I sat there for about 5 mins if not longer and tried to set my default network to one of the others that shows up since i joined them on the computer. But it wont let me rejoin it, it just keeps me in the Advocate Network. I have yet to get a happy hour since i bought the game over a week ago cuz this network has it in the middle of the night when im asleep. I can only ever get into a network once for one game then it boots be out and cant join it again unless i join a different on the website and then that only for one game as well. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,312 Views)

★ Novice

Also when i try to leave the advocate network it tell me "Notification You cannot leave this network"

Message 6 of 10 (1,307 Views)

★ Novice

Also just now tried to create my own network and a message pops up and says "NOTIFICATION Your parental controls prevent you from joining or creating a Network" but i have checked my parental controls on the xbox and they are completely open with nothing being blocked at all. And when on the website it will let me join networks and then it changes in game but only for one game. Is there any type of parental controls anywhere else i can check besides just the ones in the xbox settings? Maybe for the EA account? 

Message 7 of 10 (1,306 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, I don't have any info about that. I guess you could try swapping to another account, see if this can freely swap networks. This should help to determine if the issue is with your system or account. 

Perhaps if the account has an exception granted for TF2 that'll help?

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/grant-exception-child-content-limits

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same message on xbox 1 at the top even when trying to create a network about the parental controls

Message 9 of 10 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem on xbox one solved changing the parental control from "custom" to "adults default"!

Message 10 of 10 (1,218 Views)