No DLC for Andromeda?

by askavian

Original Post

Re: No DLC for Andromeda?

★ Guide

@Daryon wrote:

I don't understand all the hate towards MEA. Sure it's not as great as the original trilogy, but it is an amazing game. It deserves much better than what it is receiving from every side (developers, community, EA...).

Maybe the expectations were so high it was impossible to achieve a success.

It would be really dissapointing if there is no more content developed for a game with this potential.

Agreed.

A lot of the hate is the fault of short sided review sites that played no more then the 10 hour trial and then ripped the game based on that alone. Most of the critics banded together to do a total hatchet job on ME:A and in the end, they got their wish.. they killed the franchise. It really sucks to think that EA is just going to cave so easily and move on, the Mass Effect Franchise deserves better then this.

Message 41 of 140 (947 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@DarthLlama wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

It very much feels like a they have taken all our money and ran away with it this time, they waited until its too late to get a refund to tell us. So now we are left with an incomplete story and all we can look forward to is it being a slightly more polished incomplete story.
Im done with EA. No more money from me.
Gunna cancel my SWTOR subscription before it comes up again. They aren't getting another cent from me until they rectify this. They need to put some of our $$ back into Andromeda and at least finish off the Quarrian Ark and Mum cure storyline for Ryder. No story finish, no more money from me. Ever. Was never that into dragon age anyhow so wont bother me not buying the next one. As for the new IP, can't miss what Ive never played but I can say no to risking this kind of thing happening to me again. I love ME. I don't want to risk going through it again with something else.

I wouldn't ask for a refund even if it was available. I am happy with my purchase of Mass Effect Andromeda, I bought the Digital Deluxe edition ($70 USD) and I have a couple hundred hours into the game, so I feel I have received value for my money.

I am however disappointed that they are not going to support the game further and that so many story lines are going to be left unresolved. I find it irresponsible that the developer is just giving up because they're not happy with the reception the game received. They are addressing bugs and stuff in patches which I am happy about, but developing the game further through DLC could have really helped address issues that people have had and made the game better overall. Instead, they just gave up and quit.

At the very least it tells me that from now on, I should wait on any EA/Bioware title to at least be sure the game is going to be supported beyond it's initial launch. It's extremely disappointing that a supposed 'Triple A Title' is being abandoned 2 months after it's launch.

While I agree, I think it's more than just they didn't like the reception. They got massive bad PR all over the place that even the big publications picked it up. I followed it shortly before the game came out and during its release and there seemed to be planned hits all over the place on Youtube and Metacritic of people hopping on the hate train to talk about bits and pieces of the game. EA seems to be running scared and sadly the players like us who enjoyed it and want more were drowned out by all the people who lambasted the game and are now cheering that it's most likely over. If Mass Effect does come back from its hiatus (and that's a very slim chance), I have a feeling it won't be anything connected to or like Andromeda. Kind of puts it into perspective why they were so quiet these past few weeks.

They do take in game stats. They would be aware of how many have played it right through. How many have played it more than once etc. The critical folks are always the most vocal - they can't be silly enough not to know that.

How strange. I posted twice and it published but then disappeared right away.

In essence, I would agree and looking at stats and logins would definitely make the most sense. But it seems in big business PR and sales numbers trump that. I wish we knew the sales numbers for MEA but with all the online threat of returns, who knows what's true and what's not.With back to back bad reception from ME3 to MEA, it looks like they want to distance themselves from the franchise as a whole. Which makes us fans of it lose out, especially since so many of us were waiting on the edge of our seats for the continuing story and the ties to the loose ends.

This is so disheartening as single player games much less RPG ones seem to be a dying breed. I was really hoping this was the start of a great new ME series.

Sigh.

Message 42 of 140 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DarthLlama For the record, if I remember correctly, the review sites were not messing with the 10 hour EA Access trials. They got a full version "press release" of the game.

Whether the reviewers took the time --- or if the medium in question gave them enough time --- to delve into the game enough, is another question.

Message 43 of 140 (1,034 Views)

★ Guide

@V4rdyn wrote:

@DarthLlama For the record, the review sites were not messing with the 10 hour EA Access trials. They got a full version "press release" of the game.

Whether the reviewers took the time --- or if the medium in question gave them enough time --- to delve into the game enough, is another question.

I don't deny that they received the full version of the game, I just don't believe they took very much time to play it.

The truth is that part of this is still on Bioware, the first few hours of the game really aren't exactly stellar. For me, the game didn't really start until I got the Tempest and that is a flaw that was rightfully pointed out. It seemed awfully convenient though that the good parts of the game, the parts that occur after the first couple hours were not covered much if at all in most reviews that I read.

Don't get me wrong, I put the blame squarely on Bioware, firstly for the games slow start and most importantly for giving up on the game without a fight. 

Message 44 of 140 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Guide

To me, the prologue was reminiscent of ME1. Getting dropped right into the middle of a huge mess, unfamiliar menus, learning the ropes, figuring things out.

It just starts with a slow burn, is all.

Message 45 of 140 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

personally i blame the quality of today's gamers they rather play trash like witcher 3 :D and often the things reviewers love ended up in my trash bin :D

Message 46 of 140 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If it was just bioware - the private company that it used to be, they would have put all or a big lot of the profit the game did get back into making it better.. ressurecting it and keeping their players happy. Smaller companies care about their games and about those who love them (not about those who don't). However, that isn't EA. It doesnt care about the individual games or the customers, only about how to bleed the most profit from it.

Message 47 of 140 (983 Views)

★★★ Pro

i really only trust zero punctuation, and the angry joe show for reviews. as for the most part they have the same opinion i do about most games.

Message 48 of 140 (956 Views)

★ Guide

There are just two topics for a DLC I would like to play. 

1)  Quarian Ark

2)  Benefactor 

I probably pass out on the next Mass Effect anyway. It was hard for me to drag my * to the store for this one as well, after the colossal *-Up that Mass Effect 3 was..... and I am not just talking about the ending. 

So, I actually was not disappointed by ME:A, because I had no expectation, to begin with. Overall the game is good, but it shows the same type of carelessness every BioWare title has recently. You know. Things that make you scratch your head and say: "Why, god why?!?! Doesn't anyone care about the lore, about making sense about anything other than the next cash in?"

Let's face it guys. Mass Effect will never be as great as a franchise as Star Wars or Star Trek, because BioWare and EA do not care about their own world they have created. Disney has an entire lore-team dedicated to controlling the lore of each and every piece of official material that comes out for Star War. I don't expect the same from EA or BioWare, but at least handle your material with a little more care...

I wish they would care as much about the Mass Effect Universe as they care in making sure that you * everyone on the game!

I want the two DLCs mentioned above. After that........ I don't care anymore. 

Message 49 of 140 (960 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If they really leave MEA without any DLC, there's pretty good chance I never finish my second run. I'm half-way through and put it on hiatus over three weeks ago.

My main problem with Andromeda (and I've said it before), was that it can't make me care about the characters. To most of them - I'm simply indifferent. Some I actively don't like.

I was hoping a DLC can change that. That it will introduce new story that will help me connect with Ryder and the companions. And I need this connection to stay immersed in the game. 

For now MEA will stay shelved, time will tell if it's indefinitely.

Message 50 of 140 (949 Views)