Re: No DLC for Andromeda?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

That's how it happened with Might & Magic franchise.  Frown Cash grab, then dump the rest.

Makes zero sense when they have a franchise so widely loved that they could keep making money off by making more games though 

These things never made sense in our point of view, only in the other end of the bargain. Worst of it all, it's something that's a tendency. You remember you might have read around here people saying that it's normal, that we shouldn't bother with bugs and stop whining because it's normal releasing something buggy or lacking.

It escalates. That's why I always pointed out that the moment we accept and be conformist by leveling things to the lowest of standards, it's the time things like this will grow even more common. They sell you something that doesn't exist and yet, they request our patient, 'don't expected low scores'. That's sadly laughable.

Well I was impressed with the story and the characters in Andromeda from the get go, not the bugs, i just expected those would be fixed. I also expected what the other ME games got, 12 months of support while also working on dlcs etc.

What I wont accept is the game being dropped and unfinished.

Depends.

If the original plan was to farm out animation, or to answer all the plotlines with DLC and then move on to a different story, or to do off the wall things with the DLC - there are any number of things they could of been planning to do that a regrouping and rethinking may be a good idea. Good stuff takes time to write and produce. Putting out a flurry of material as DLC, if it was just more of the initial release, would of been a bad idea.

I've even said, more than once, if I had to buy DLC to finish all these plotlines I'd be cranky. A second game is years down the road regardless.

I'll wait and see. I'll also take patches that fix some things now instead of waiting for a patch that fixes everything later... and I am not going to believe no DLC until they actually say "No DLC".

They said there is no planned dlc - almost the same thing. They are saying they didn't plan to do any dlc. Its just a slight wording difference because if they said it before release less ppl may have purchased the game. So they worded it open ended when it wasn't.

Message 31 of 140 (845 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

It very much feels like a they have taken all our money and ran away with it this time, they waited until its too late to get a refund to tell us. So now we are left with an incomplete story and all we can look forward to is it being a slightly more polished incomplete story.
Im done with EA. No more money from me.
Gunna cancel my SWTOR subscription before it comes up again. They aren't getting another cent from me until they rectify this. They need to put some of our $$ back into Andromeda and at least finish off the Quarrian Ark and Mum cure storyline for Ryder. No story finish, no more money from me. Ever. Was never that into dragon age anyhow so wont bother me not buying the next one. As for the new IP, can't miss what Ive never played but I can say no to risking this kind of thing happening to me again. I love ME. I don't want to risk going through it again with something else.

I wouldn't ask for a refund even if it was available. I am happy with my purchase of Mass Effect Andromeda, I bought the Digital Deluxe edition ($70 USD) and I have a couple hundred hours into the game, so I feel I have received value for my money.

I am however disappointed that they are not going to support the game further and that so many story lines are going to be left unresolved. I find it irresponsible that the developer is just giving up because they're not happy with the reception the game received. They are addressing bugs and stuff in patches which I am happy about, but developing the game further through DLC could have really helped address issues that people have had and made the game better overall. Instead, they just gave up and quit.

At the very least it tells me that from now on, I should wait on any EA/Bioware title to at least be sure the game is going to be supported beyond it's initial launch. It's extremely disappointing that a supposed 'Triple A Title' is being abandoned 2 months after it's launch.

Message 32 of 140 (833 Views)

★★ Pro

@DarthLlama wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

It very much feels like a they have taken all our money and ran away with it this time, they waited until its too late to get a refund to tell us. So now we are left with an incomplete story and all we can look forward to is it being a slightly more polished incomplete story.
Gunna cancel my SWTOR subscription before it comes up again. They aren't getting another cent from me until they rectify this. They need to put some of our $$ back into Andromeda and at least finish off the Quarrian Ark and Mum cure storyline for Ryder. No story finish, no more money from me. Ever. Was never that into dragon age anyhow so wont bother me not buying the next one. As for the new IP, can't miss what Ive never played but I can say no to risking this kind of thing happening to me again. I love ME. I don't want to risk going through it again with something else.

I wouldn't ask for a refund even if it was available. I am happy with my purchase of Mass Effect Andromeda, I bought the Digital Deluxe edition ($70 USD) and I have a couple hundred hours into the game, so I feel I have received value for my money.

I am however disappointed that they are not going to support the game further and that so many story lines are going to be left unresolved. I find it irresponsible that the developer is just giving up because they're not happy with the reception the game received. They are addressing bugs and stuff in patches which I am happy about, but developing the game further through DLC could have really helped address issues that people have had and made the game better overall. Instead, they just gave up and quit.

At the very least it tells me that from now on, I should wait on any EA/Bioware title to at least be sure the game is going to be supported beyond it's initial launch. It's extremely disappointing that a supposed 'Triple A Title' is being abandoned 2 months after it's launch.

The only reason I would get a refund on it isn't because I didn't enjoy the base game but to express my displeasure at the support stopping so quickly. That none of the profit seems to be going into continued production of it (dlc) but instead going to some new game i don't yet care about. I don't want my profit going else where, I want them to continue on with mass effect and finishing this unfinished story.
Message 33 of 140 (826 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

The only reason I would get a refund on it isn't because I didn't enjoy the base game but to express my displeasure at the support stopping so quickly. That none of the profit seems to be going into continued production of it (dlc) but instead going to some new game i don't yet care about. I don't want my profit going else where, I want them to continue on with mass effect and finishing this unfinished story.

That sounds fair.. hard to disagree with that.

Message 34 of 140 (824 Views)

★★★ Pro

i was happy with the patch, till i started to read through this thread. now, i'm simply depressed. i feel like i just watched a weird french film that doesn't really end and just leaves you hanging there. 

Message 35 of 140 (815 Views)

★ Guide

@DarthLlama wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

While I agree, I think it's more than just they didn't like the reception. They got massive bad PR all over the place that even the big publications picked it up. I followed it shortly before the game came out and during its release and there seemed to be planned hits all over the place on Youtube and Metacritic of people hopping on the hate train to talk about bits and pieces of the game. EA seems to be running scared and sadly the players like us who enjoyed it and want more were drowned out by all the people who lambasted the game and are now cheering that it's most likely over. If Mass Effect does come back from its hiatus (and that's a very slim chance), I have a feeling it won't be anything connected to or like Andromeda. Kind of puts it into perspective why they were so quiet these past few weeks.

Message 36 of 140 (808 Views)

★★ Pro

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@DarthLlama wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

While I agree, I think it's more than just they didn't like the reception. They got massive bad PR all over the place that even the big publications picked it up. I followed it shortly before the game came out and during its release and there seemed to be planned hits all over the place on Youtube and Metacritic of people hopping on the hate train to talk about bits and pieces of the game. EA seems to be running scared and sadly the players like us who enjoyed it and want more were drowned out by all the people who lambasted the game and are now cheering that it's most likely over. If Mass Effect does come back from its hiatus (and that's a very slim chance), I have a feeling it won't be anything connected to or like Andromeda. Kind of puts it into perspective why they were so quiet these past few weeks.

They do take in game stats. They would be aware of how many have played it right through. How many have played it more than once etc. The critical folks are always the most vocal - they can't be silly enough not to know that.
Message 37 of 140 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

you know... i feel the MEA dev team only gave us a half-hearted go at this game, and that's where most of that ire came from. now, i'm not saying MEA was a bad game (i've said that over a dozen times by now), it's an ok game. and bioware used to be a game development firm that always did better then just ok, for BW... ok might as well be bad.

Message 38 of 140 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@DarthLlama wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

They do take in game stats. They would be aware of how many have played it right through. How many have played it more than once etc. The critical folks are always the most vocal - they can't be silly enough not to know that.

One would think so but after the implosion after ME3's ending, mixed with the implosion around this game, plus the attacks against the employees and all the other craziness, EA probably just thinks it's better to wash their hands of everything Mass Effect and run. Anything to save money and yet make as much money as possible via MP DLC and their other properties. 

This is so disheartening as single player games much less RPG ones seem to be a dying breed. I was really hoping this was the start of a great new ME series. 

Sigh.

Message 39 of 140 (684 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't understand all the hate towards MEA. Sure it's not as great as the original trilogy, but it is an amazing game. It deserves much better than what it is receiving from every side (developers, community, EA...).

Maybe the expectations were so high it was impossible to achieve a success.

It would be really dissapointing if there is no more content developed for a game with this potential.

Message 40 of 140 (772 Views)