No DLC for Andromeda?

by askavian

Original Post

Re: No DLC for Andromeda?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Safe to say I am very disappointed that it appears as if there wont be any dlc for Andromeda.

Too much left undone for the Ryders (Mum, Quarrian Ark etc). So now we have to look forward to it forever being incomplete? :/

Message 11 of 140 (1,144 Views)

★ Guide

I hope rescuing the quarian ark is the first dlc ... :D

Message 12 of 140 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

I'm really really hoping the next book in the tie-in series doesn't serve as a finish to the story instead of a companion to the game. With two books coming up, they just may see that as a way to tie things up, but it so won't be the same as playing it in-game. The former title of 'The Lost Ark' made me wonder this for some time now.

Message 13 of 140 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I hope you're right. It's a bit of a rocky start, but I'm ok with that. Launch week of WoW sucked back in the day, it gets fixed and doesn't really bother me. I just want more story! So many loose ends they can let us solve.

And yes for the Quarian Arc. I was all planning to go find Tali's sister or something. :P

Message 14 of 140 (1,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

ME3 was released in march 6, 2012

Post-launch story DLCs:

Extended Cut: late june 2012

Leviathan: late august 2012

Omega: late november 2012

Less than two months have passed since MEA launch, folks, patience Angel

Message 15 of 140 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Abex81 wrote:

@V4rdyn wrote:

Here's my take on it:

I have to agree with some random guy who commented on twitter-- feels more "planned" than a "change of direction".

I mean, we saw it with ME3 too; after launch, the team went into long-term support mode and they kept actively polishing the game for a while. Add to that the DLC content, including the free MP expansions.

I don't expect it to be different with MEA.

Also, here's an official answer about continued support of the game:

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/862411757079416832

Yeah but that official answer points to their blog post from more than a month ago, and in their blog post never once single player dlc's or story continuation were mentioned, while in ME3 it was boldly clear from day one there were dlc's on the making.

With ME3 they stressed continuing because it was the end of the series - the place where the story is done and people move on to the next thing.

ME:A is a little different and there's way too many half finished plotlines to expect no DLC or another game. It is way more like a couple chapters in a bigger story than a full shorter story.

Message 16 of 140 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@V4rdyn wrote:

ME3 was released in march, 2012

Post-launch story DLCs:

Extended Cut: june 2012

Less than two months have passed since launch, folks, patience Angel

Yes but if you read twitter posts it looks like the only MEA support remaining is to fix what they comitted to and on going MP support and thats it.
Message 17 of 140 (1,117 Views)

★ Guide

@V4rdyn wrote:

ME3 was released in march 6, 2012

Post-launch story DLCs:

Extended Cut: late june 2012

Less than two months have passed since MEA launch, folks, patience Angel

Yes, but ME3 wasn't put on Hiatus.

Unfortunately, this to me reads exactly like it sounds.. there will be no DLC for this game. They're going to keep a small team to deliver the fixes they promised and then they're going to give up and abandon it.  In fact, this sounds much worse to me, because while the Mass Effect series isn't 'officially' over, if one or more of their upcoming IP's takes off it could spell the end.

Overall, if you're a big fan of Mass Effect like I am, this news is pretty grim. Honestly, I put a lot of the blame on game review sites who did unfair hatchet jobs on this game based on the 10 hour (or less) trial review. The game does struggle in the early hours and they based their entire reviews on that.

I do have to say though, I'm disappointed in EA for just giving up. I was hoping they would put some effort into bolstering the game with DLC content and trying to strengthen support for Andromeda, but honestly.. it sounds like they just gave up instead.

Message 18 of 140 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DarthLlama considering the quality of ME:A i dont think you have to worry too much about any upcoming ip's taking off...

Message 19 of 140 (1,086 Views)

★★ Pro

@V4rdyn wrote:

I'm not concerned about the DLCs. Not unless they put it out officially, in our face, that "we're done."

"--you're keeping the lights on. You have my vote."

They seem committed to put it right.

Every other ME game they clearly stated there would be dlc and support for 12 months.
The fact that they haven't said this for andromeda but have said no dlc is planned, speaks volumes.
Mass Effects done. This is it. There is a skeleton crew working on the last patches and thats all. Everyone else has been moved to the new IP. This wasn't just a small downsize as is normal for post game release - this is a massive its all over downsizing. EA is systematically killing off bioware. This is what they do. Take over companies, make money in them then ditch them.
Bubye ME Frown you were awesome while you lasted. I won't be touching the new IP. Not after they ditched MEA as a half finished, incomplete story / game. They get away with it once they'll keep doing it.
Message 20 of 140 (1,073 Views)