No DLC for Andromeda?

by askavian

Original Post

Re: No DLC for Andromeda?

★★ Pro

@TKMcClone wrote:

So I pre-ordered  MassEffect: Lost Ark  Audiobook.

The description is interesting. In my mind, it shows that BioWare has date obligations to other distributors for spin-off material. ME:A -  Nexus Uprising (Prequel) was released on the same day as the game, which shows coordination  The release date for the DLC book is hard to nail down. I've seen June 27th (paperback) July 3rd Audiobook and my order date is Dec 5th audiobook.

"With a new game, Mass Effect Andromeda, set for release in 2017, the launch of a new series of Mass Effect novels is timely. The new game will take the story in a dramatic new direction and is set in a new region of space, with a new and deadly enemy.

Titan is publishing four unmissable Mass Effect novels. The novels will act as prequel and sequels to the events in the games and will become part of the overarching Mass Effect saga. These new stories, developed in close collaboration with the Bioware game team, weave directly into the action of the new game - and will reveal events kept secret over the course of game play - and will add to the canonical Mass Effect saga."

So... there is a slice of hope for you all.

'Will reveal events kept secret over the series of game play' this is BS tbh, release secrets in game form for a game or not at all! Not everyone is  big on reading.. if it relates to in game important details don't put it in a * book.. even those happy to read would rather play that * then read it. 
Message 131 of 140 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

"Lost Ark?"

Okay that has to be about the Quarian Ark or call me a pyjak

Question is...

• Will this be as Nexus Uprising was to the main game, and we'll see its conclusion in a DLC where we "bring the Quarian Ark home"
  • or
  • We'll never see Quarians and just get an audiobook that ties into the lore and... done?

But the fact that the game stuff is released in-sync with the extra content (novels and/or audiobooks) suggests the first option.

(yeah, the title was new to me-- wasn't following the tie-in content so far)

Message 132 of 140 (829 Views)

★ Guide

EA give us the DLC

Message 133 of 140 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@sblantipodi wrote:

EA give us the DLC

I would go so far as to say EA give us the DLCs.

Or the DLCs' schedule (please not the plural again) and the commitment to part 2 Standard smile

But I merely repeat myself and others from the previous 13 pages ...

(and won't repeat my thoughts on why I fear it's becoming unlikely...)

We have faith in the Mass Effect universe, so should EA!

Message 134 of 140 (806 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
i
@Nykara360 wrote:

'Will reveal events kept secret over the series of game play' this is BS tbh, release secrets in game form for a game or not at all! Not everyone is  big on reading.. if it relates to in game important details don't put it in a * book.. even those happy to read would rather play that * then read it. 

Nexus Uprising just gives you more insight into the leadership and Sloane Kelly.  However, the tone is more 'Mass Effect edgy', due to the desperate situation when the Nexus arrives.

To be honest a book series tie-in makes me want to play a game even more. It shows that the developers have really thought out the IP and are committed to making a franchise with a 'universe'. It's all part of creating a canon and building a fanbase. Books demonstrate that a game has highly qualified writers. Great writers are critical to building exceptional games and books or comics are a natural by-product.  And, it's much easier to tell 'more of the story' in a book than it is in a video game or movie.

Message 135 of 140 (782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As a lot people has already commented in this threadm I also hope we can get some dlc. Expanding singleplayer and multiplayer.

Singleplayer should be the first expansion, or at least character skins like the other ME. Expanding how many planets we can explore, or the side quests.

Andromeda is a good game in it's core, an as the ''first'' Mass Effect of this generation, it has a lot of potenial in writing. It can even make the same move as ME 2, where you can expand the story no just in a single cluster but in ourselves. 

Message 136 of 140 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@TKMcClone wrote:
i
@Nykara360 wrote:

Nexus Uprising just gives you more insight into the leadership and Sloane Kelly.  However, the tone is more 'Mass Effect edgy', due to the desperate situation when the Nexus arrives.

To be honest a book series tie-in makes me want to play a game even more. It shows that the developers have really thought out the IP and are committed to making a franchise with a 'universe'. It's all part of creating a canon and building a fanbase. Books demonstrate that a game has highly qualified writers. Great writers are critical to building exceptional games and books or comics are a natural by-product.  And, it's much easier to tell 'more of the story' in a book than it is in a video game or movie.

Its not nexus uprising im worried about its the sequel books. They better not put the rest of the story in novel rather than let us play it.

When they did the sequel Kotor book, Revan was canonized as a male who romanced Bastila. That kinda stuff bugs me. My Revan was never male, nor did they romance Bastilia.

Message 137 of 140 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:
Its not nexus uprising im worried about its the sequel books. They better not put the rest of the story in novel rather than let us play it.

When they did the sequel Kotor book, Revan was canonized as a male who romanced Bastila. That kinda stuff bugs me. My Revan was never male, nor did they romance Bastilia.

I'd be surprised if it was anything more than back story. At most introduce a character similar or Slone Kelly or a new Squad member. Star Wars isn't a fair comparison to Mass Effect. BioWare has total control over the ME franchise (books and games). 

Message 138 of 140 (672 Views)

★★ Pro

@TKMcClone wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

I'd be surprised if it was anything more than back story. At most introduce a character similar or Slone Kelly or a new Squad member. Star Wars isn't a fair comparison to Mass Effect. BioWare has total control over the ME franchise (books and games). 

I know.. but there has been instances of things in BW games being mentioned only on twitter etc that should have been in the games. Like character deaths. So it does make me a little nervous. I will wait and see. I write far more than I read, it's just a time thing. I don't have time to do it all! So important stuff needs to be in the games. 😊

Message 139 of 140 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@TKMcClone wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

I know.. but there has been instances of things in BW games being mentioned only on twitter etc that should have been in the games. Like character deaths. So it does make me a little nervous. I will wait and see. I write far more than I read, it's just a time thing. I don't have time to do it all! So important stuff needs to be in the games. 😊

For franchises where the main medium is a game, like ME, I agree. The game should have the important stuff and as much canon as possible (even if it's Codex material). However, an adapted franchise like the Witcher Series (based on Books)  the original material or author opinion is more important. All of the current Witcher books are back story to the games, but the author  (Andrzej Sapkowski)  is catching up. Is it fair that his franchise was finished in a video game?  The line blurs all the time, but I'll follow a good tale to wherever it goes.Standard smile

Message 140 of 140 (639 Views)