Re: New Game features & Beta registration

by specter_se7en

Original Post

New Game features & Beta registration

Community Manager (retired)

nhl18Team.jpg

NHL 18 has a lot to offer this year, from the innovating game-play to reshaping the entire league with the Expansion draft we have a lot to show you. Do it all with the most co-op and competitive multiplayer options ever delivered in an EA SPORTS NHL sports game.

The new Expansion draft has allowed us to explore new possibilities, you can play as the Vegas Golden Knights before they will get to play the first match of the season or you can set up your own 32nd NHL Team to shake things up in the brand-new league. For more details you can check out the details here:  Experience Expansion in the new NHL

The Expansion draft is only a sneak-peak of what’s coming, click here if you want to take a look at our arcade-inspired 3-on3 Hockey.

nhl18-gameplay-media-creativeattackdekes-lg-2x.jpg

Whether it's on attack or defense, if it’s you in charge or you are playing against the A.I things are different in NHL 18, here are some of the changes coming this year...

DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK

The new Defensive Skill Stick gives you full control over your stick to target poke checks, keep your stick extended against an attacker to disrupt a play, and even sweep your stick back and forth to cover a zone.

CREATIVE ATTACK DEKES

All-new offensive deke moves that deliver the creative freedom and control seen in today's NHL, including one-handed moves, between-the-legs dekes, back-handed toe-drags, heel drags, cheeky puck flips and more. New deke branching gives you control to choose how you string deke combinations together into fluid dangles based on moment-to-moment decisions and reaction time.

CREATIVE A.I.

Your A.I. teammates now leverage all the same creative deking and passing tools that you do, creating smarter plays up and down the ice. Teammates are better at finding you in breakout opportunities through off-the-boards bank passing, lead passing and improved positioning. A.I. will also use the new Defensive Skill Stick, making them more effective teammates in your own zone.

BETA Registration

If you want to hit the ice early you can check out the details to sign up for the NHL 18 Beta for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One. All you need to do is sign up and select your platform & region here: https://www.easports.com/nhl/beta

This will allow you to test out the new game style, game modes and deliver feedback to us.

Roger.png
Message 1 of 8 (1,175 Views)

★ Apprentice

signed up.....when is beta available

Message 2 of 8 (1,159 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @AliceRabbit1101,

The Beta will run from July 26th until August the 2nd, only one month to go! Glad to hear you signed up. Standard smile

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,149 Views)

★ Apprentice
Very happy to have a beta this year

I have to admit
It would be awesome If NHL17 came out with a post draft Roster Update .
There is no reason why the 2017 Draft isn't included with NHL17 .
The Draft is the last part of the season
Not the beginning of next season

It would truly bide us gamers over the summer until NHL18

And trust me it would only improve sales
I only say this because EA is updating HUT but not rosters ????
Message 4 of 8 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is NHL ever going to come to PC?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I myself would love that and I know many other people who would also be in the market for a PC NHL game!

Message 5 of 8 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do I know if I am signed up for the beta. I remember doing it but not sure if I actually got it
Message 6 of 8 (990 Views)

★ Apprentice

will EA be adjusting player roles....IE Austin Matthews playmaker ->Sniper 40goals!!!!!

Message 7 of 8 (837 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Roger

Simple question. Will I be able to play a full season against the CPU co-op with my friends online?

Was so disappointed NHL 17 had no way to play through a season or even playoffs with my friends online against the CPU.  Can you confirm one way or the other for NHL18?

Message 8 of 8 (609 Views)