New Game/Stuff Pack Idea!

by xxkennahbearxx

Original Post

New Game/Stuff Pack Idea!

★ Novice

Hey Simmers! I'd like to discuss an Idea for a new game or stuff pack that I think would be a great add to The Sims 4. One of my favorite components of the sims is the ability to fully customize your characters, but as a person who loves tattoos and piercings i really don't think we have enough options for them so here's my pitch, Body Art pack.

For basic game play I feel there should be a tattoo parlor and once your sim arrives they would speak with an artist, walk into a room for tattooing or piercing and then the CAS menu would pop up. After you chose the desired tattoo or piercing for your sim there is then an animation where the artist sits them down and begins the process. For a piercing they would sit and and the pierce-er would prep the skin and then pierce the sim, once that part is over the sim will get up and do that spin thing like when they're changing outfits and then they have the piercing. For a tattoo they could sit the sim down or lay them down depending on where they want the tattoo and it could build up like a painting does. After the desired body art the sim could have different moodlet. A sim who has never got any piercings or tattoos could feel tense afterwards from the pain for a couple in game hours, and a sim who has gotten them before could feel happy or confident.  I also think there should be a skill bar above the artists head to determine costs, a higher level sim will charge more for a tattoo or piercing. It would also be neat to add in a couple interactions such as "Show off tattoo" or "Boast about Piercings"

For build and buy mode there should be more alternative styled furniture and they could have the ability to look at artists portfolios,  proper chairs for tattooing and piercing, there should also be stations with tattooing or piercing things on it such as a power supply, tattoo ink, a tattoo gun, sterilizing products, rubber gloves and of course needles. Being that the sims is rated T I don't see an issue with this simply because in recent culture it is very common for teens to be interested in tattoos and piercings, but if for whatever reason they just cant put needles into the game maybe they could have a sort of ray gun to perform the task and a booth with a curtain (sort of like the closet) where the curtains might wiggle a bit and then the sim walks out with a piercing.

As for CAS I think this would open up a TON of options for customizing your sims better. I know that there are quite a few of the tattoos I like in the game already but I don't like how my sim probably has the same tattoo as another sim. They could create lots of new tattoos, and maybe even create a few different ring styles for different piercings. Like for a septum ring they could have a basic ring with the two balls or they could come up with something a little more fancy like a clicker with jewels on it. There could be different styles of nostril piercings like a basic stud or a hoop ring. There are tons of possibilities for this particular pack idea.

I also think that a pack like this could open up an opportunity for a new career choice. They could become a Body Artist which could branch off between pierce-er or tattoo artist. They can have their own practice stations as well, like a mannequin head for piercings and, a table with all the tattooing supplies and practice skin and build up new piercing or tattooing skills.In addition to all of this I it would be important for them to level up the painting skill being that drawing is very imperative for a tattoo artist.

There's probably lots of other things that could be added to game play on this but I think that this bit right here would be a good start. Let me know what you guys think! I'm very curious to see the type of feedback I get on this!

Message 1 of 5 (758 Views)

Re: New Game/Stuff Pack Idea!

★★★ Newbie

I love this idea!!

I love/have body mods and it's really annoying not to be able to reflect that in my sims. Even with CC it can be hard to find decent tattoos or piercings and even then there's the problem of not being able to layer them or have multiples. It would be really cool if there were some way of customizing a tattoo (within reason and capabilities, of course) and positioning it specifically on the body because a lot of the current tattoo placement is just very awkward and out of place.

Message 2 of 5 (646 Views)

Champion

While its not my cup of tea, I can see a pack like this being very popular! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Personally i'd like a ''romance'' game pack.It could be one that brings back the whole chemistry system from that one pack from the sims 2,introducing the idea of one-sided love and not so forgiving partners.Sims with the insane trait can become stalkers,sims in a relationship won't accept flirting from another sim unless that sim hates their partner or have the noncommitment trait.Jelous sims only react towards sims of their own gender talking to their partner (seriously though jelous sims are way too jelous,my one sims was jelous of her husband talking to their son).You could have different kinds of dates like eating dates,park dates,muesum dates and so forth and you can get more friendship if you choose a place that the other sims likes,like if the sim loves outdoors and you go for a park date you get more friendship points.Sims who're talking to their crush will sometimes (depending on their traits) ignore your command and instead do something embarrising or just have an existential crisis.Sims with the 'playboy/girl' trait naturally gain charisma faster,can do an enchanting or flirty greeting and have an easier time filling up the romance bar.As well as a romance bar there is a 'love bar' that slowly fills up and isn't the same as the romance bar.you could have interactions such as 'make a romantic dinner' and 'hold lovingly'.You could also only be lovers with a sim and not be in love.Lovers would also not show up on a sim if you're in a relationship with that sim.There's lots of other things I think EA could expand on in terms of relationships but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Message 4 of 5 (474 Views)

Champion

@animedoglover,  (love your screenname, BTW!)  I like your game pack idea as a whole, and many of the things in it that you suggested! Heart  You mentioned the chemistry system from The Sims 2, but it also reminds me of the Hot Date EP for The Sims 1! Heart And speaking of TS1, although some people wont like the stalker idea, there was a stalker with one of the Expansion Packs for TS1 (can't remember the name of the pack, but it was the one that let you be a Hollywood-esque movie star); the stalker would leave a black rose on your lot and then if you had the Makin' Magic EP you could use those black roses in a potion! Raised eyebrow

I also think your suggestion would make a great pack because it would finally fix the excessive flirting and phone calls for dates on your Sims that are already in a committed relationship! If my Sims are already married and you or they don't have the flirty trait, then why are you bugging us?  Angry  I can see flirty Sims doing this, or doing this to other Sims who are flirty, but never to those who are not! Disappointed Your suggestion should fix that! Angel:eahigh_file:

I also like the idea of a picnic date in the park! Standard smile

I hope they take your suggestion, or at least some elements from it!  Wink Thanks for sharing, and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (468 Views)