My game runs really slow.

by fertumsh2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game runs really slow.

★★★ Newbie

When I try to play battlefied1 it starts slowly and is very slow to respond and the game is completely unplayable - I have uninstalled/reinstalled the origin application

but this has made no difference- should I uninstall bf1 - don't want to do this as it takes a v long time.

Message 1 of 4 (351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game runs really slow.

Community Manager

@fertumsh2 Hi, you can try a repair to start. Right-click the game panel to get the repair option. 

If the issue persists, posting the contents of your dxdiag will hopefully help with finding the source of the issue. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@fertumsh2 Hi, you can try a repair to start. Right-click the game panel to get the repair option. 

If the issue persists, posting the contents of your dxdiag will hopefully help with finding the source of the issue. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I solved this by running the game in windowed mode

Message 3 of 4 (325 Views)

Community Manager

I see, that's quite odd but thanks for the update.

As a long shot, do you play on a laptop? If so please check your graphics card setting to ensure that it's still using its full power when you're playing BF1. When its' rendering the game in fullscreen it'll be dedicated to that task, and it's conceivable that it's configured to swap to lesser hardware/low-power mode in that case.

Anyway, if you're happy to keep playing in Windowed that's great, thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)