Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard edition

by draconatorz

Original Post

Re: Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard editi

@TheDimeDrl

If you stay civil nobody is gone to remove a post even if it is very critical.

Digital will be the only form of distribution for PC game in the future and that for many reasons, so I am afraid there is no way back.

The disks itself also wouldn't be a grantee that you can play the game if Origin would shut down. Even with a disk installation you still need Origin to play, and you can back up and access  the digital copy even more easily.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 41 of 68 (1,515 Views)

Re: Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard editi

★★★ Newbie

I played my save file on my friend's PC who had the Delux version and now I can't play on my own PC because I don't hve the delux version, come on EA and release the delux upgrade already.

Message 42 of 68 (939 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was fooled into buying from EB games i wanted a disc not a download so i went to buy mass effect andromeda at eb games and not only did i not get the disc they gave me the normal version instead of the deluxe they told me they had no way of knowing they would get a code instead of a solid copy seriously if i had known i would have gotten the super deluxe online instead to tink i went to the trouble of preorder seriously i am soo angry at the bad service quality i feel like i was tricked i payed the price of a deluxe and got a normal version and i cant get a refund! now the only way to get the super deluxe version is to buy it on top of what i already payed! mass effect is my favorite game and i cant get any decent service. You guys should take better care of your paying customer especially considering how many pirates are out there. I don't feel encouraged to support when i get such bad service.

Message 43 of 68 (928 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It wasn't just EB, Crono - if you bought the PC version in the US you would get a code in a box no matter where you bought it from. EB, GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, even the BioWare store all had a digital code in a box for the PC version.

The only country I've seen that had actual PC DVD discs was Poland. That thread (with a photo of the discs) is elsewhere on these forums.

Message 44 of 68 (806 Views)

@crono9691

I am sorry that you got trouble, but the way I read your post your trouble is with EB games.

Every retailer side I see makes it very clear that they sell a code in the Box, if EB games, who is not a trusted EA retailer btw. didn't do that you should complain at their side, especially if they sold you the Deluxe edition and only delivered a key for a Standard version.   

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 45 of 68 (777 Views)

★★★ Novice

@holger1405

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and your staying civil despite my heated argument! I have had problem with eb games before and with mass effect 3 no less!!! they said they weren't told they would get a code instead of a solid copy... basically they were putting the blame on you maybe you are right i don't know i just hate that i didn't get the best version of my favorite game i cant get anything from either side both blaming the other and now i am stuck with what i have... Frown  since it's too late to get the preorder i wanted and even if it wasn't i cant get the refund for the game i would have to buy it again on top of the normal version i have...

Message 46 of 68 (721 Views)

★★ Guide

My friend has a copy from our local retail store, Datablitz.  The ME:A standard edition box contained 6 DVDs.  Sad to hear you guys are only getting codes.

Message 47 of 68 (715 Views)

@crono9691

Well, buying the game twice would not make sense. Wink The upgrade pack to Deluxe should be in the Origin store tomorrow if the info's are correct.

Unfortunately there will be no upgrade to the Super Deluxe edition, only to the Deluxe Edition

Message 48 of 68 (655 Views)

★★★ Novice

@holger1405

Tanks for letting me know ill always be sad that i didn't get the one i wanted but at least i can get the deluxe even if its late.

Message 49 of 68 (631 Views)

★★ Novice

Are we there yet?

Message 50 of 68 (582 Views)