Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard edition

by draconatorz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard edition

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if Mass Effect Andromeda will have a deluxe or super deluxe upgrade for the standard edition of the game for pc, cause I would like to have a physical copy of the game to put into the steel case that comes with the collector's edition, but unfortunately there isn't a physical copy of the deluxe and super deluxe edition of the game for pc, and I would like to have either the deluxe edition or super deluxe edition of the game. Thanks

Message 1 of 68 (23,088 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard editi

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@draconatorz

EDIT: The Deluxe Upgrade is now available, please check the game's addons or extra content page. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 68 (23,820 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass effect Andromeda: Will there be a Deluxe upgrade for the Standard editi

[ Edited ]
Hero

I don't think there's been any confirmation about that. Maybe you should try to ask this question on twitter during BioWare's business hours: https://twitter.com/masseffect/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 68 (23,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@draconatorz

EDIT: The Deluxe Upgrade is now available, please check the game's addons or extra content page. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 68 (23,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Speaking from experience, it has been NOTORIOUSLY hard getting physical editions of EA titles with extra DLC for some years... in fact, the only retailer I know that sometimes offers this is GAME, but this has become less frequent as the company's licensing terms have gradually changed.

If we're talking about a petition here, it would be nice if players could buy Andromeda on a disc, and then pay the difference on Deluxe and Super Deluxe upgrade-codes.

Message 4 of 68 (22,870 Views)

★★ Novice

Would also like to have more info on this. I would buy a digital copy of the game, if it weren't for 2 things - I need the physical copy to feel that I really own the game and it is much cheaper that the same version from Origin. Bummed.

Message 5 of 68 (22,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I would be keen to know this to, I'm getting a physical copy of the game and as far, as I know there is no way to get the Suer Deluxe for the PS4 without getting the digital one.  So a upgrade pack would be very welcome for those of us who want to disc

Message 6 of 68 (22,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Considering that Dragon Age: Inquisition has a Deluxe Edition upgrade option on Origin (which I actually bought as soon as it was made available), I am really hoping that the same will be true for Mass Effect: Andromeda upon release.

I guess we'll only know for sure come the end of March... Raised eyebrow

Message 7 of 68 (22,702 Views)

★★ Novice

Also would like to know. In the stores in my country there is only standard box edition and I want to buy it and Deluxe upgrade on origin to have BOX version but with deluxe bonuses. Hate having digital only version. 

Message 8 of 68 (22,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am not sure if anyone else is still monitoring this thread, but I finally have some really good news! :D

This (leaked?) image has been recently posted on the Mass Effect SubReddit and informally confirms that we will indeed be able to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition post-launch.

Not only that, but purchasing the upgrade will also give you the pre-order items (i.e. Deep Space Explorer Armour, Nomad Skin and Multiplayer Booster Pack), so there's no more pressure to pre-order the game if you don't want to. Hooray!

P.S. You can also finally check out the Pathfinder Casual Outfit, Scavenger Armour, Elite Weapon Set and Pet Pyjak - definitely upgrading as soon as I am able to! :P

Message 9 of 68 (21,998 Views)

★★ Novice

That could just as easily be a poorly-worded metaphor.

Message 10 of 68 (21,935 Views)