Re: Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

by SaintHedgehog

Original Post

★ Guide

Personally, I think we should contact Bioware and tell to give us a expansion (Aquarian Arc, who kill the founder, and who is the benefactor)

@Bioware
@Masseffect
https://www.facebook.com/masseffect
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Andromeda/ct-p/mass-effect-andromeda-en

BioWare Edmonton
200-4445 Calgary Trail NW
Edmonton AB
Canada T6H 5R7
Phone: 780-430-0164
Fax: 780-439-6374

BioWare Montréal
2200 Stanley Street
Montreal QC
Canada H3A 1R6
Phone: 514-448-8800
Fax: 514-448-8846

BioWare Austin
7700 West Parmer Lane
Suite 250 -- Building C
Austin, TX 78729
Phone: 512-382-8682

Email Inquiries
[edit: email address removed]

Message 81 of 119 (2,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mass effect has long been one of my favorite series along with Dragon age and I just don't get the hate. I only just bought andromeda when the demo was released on origin and I know there were issues with bugs before I started playing the patched version, but it is still an awesome game. Fun action, characters you can grow to empathize with, and moments so human though they are in an imaginary future with human and alien crew. After getting toward the end of the game and completing the movie night sidequest I just had a moment of "yes.... this is one of those moments that draw me into this game." I am sad that we will not be getting any dlc, but when you can sink almost 100 hours into your first play through of inquisition or andromeda and have a genuinely fun time I say to anyone at bioware who may read this to keep the magic coming. Please!
Message 82 of 119 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i tend to agree. I can see a lot of people are really upset that Bioware kliled off Mass Effect, and the emotion is understandable, but at the same time i had a lot of fun with these games. I know people hated Mass effect 3 due to ending but i thought the game was really good and i played the entire series many times with many different type shepard's just to hear a few different lines or see how they woudl react to this new shepard i came up wtih. Andromeda was a rocky start for me as at first i really didnt understand it. there was no sense of heroism, that save the world type urgency that was in all the other mass effect games. but once i understood what it was, i enjoyed it in its own way. there is some fun to be had in exploration as well and some of the characters were absolutely up there with the other classics (Drack, Peebee, Jaal). while i was hoping for another DLC And the combat was absolutely the best in the series, I never thought id enjoy changing profiles on the fly like this but i really did.

I was really hoping for DLC to explain some of the loose ends, but im not going to lose my mind over it. And EA has other games im interested in so im not just going to stop buying them in protest. It's time to just let it go. Nothing can change what happened and the decision has been made to move on. 

Message 83 of 119 (1,838 Views)

Hero

@SaintHedgehog wrote:

BioWare Montréal
2200 Stanley Street
Montreal QC
Canada H3A 1R6
Phone: 514-448-8800
Fax: 514-448-8846

A quick reminder that BioWare Montréal doesn't exist anymore. They have merged with Motive (same building) and are working on Star Wars projects.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 84 of 119 (1,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Mass Effect: Andromeda is my favorite game of all of them. To me it brought the same captivating story as all the other Mass effect games, and the fact that I can never play through them expanding that story is a kick in the teeth.

I'm suppose to read stories and comics to find out what happened!? I can't be a part of It?

I knew from the get-go that all this bad rap was gonna bury the game but I never figured it'd be this had. I can't imagine how all that cash they raked in despite the internet hate bandwagon wasn't a sign that people want to see the game do well regardless of what the internet bandwagon whined about.

When I play a single player story driven campaign I want to live a captivating story... I got it.
When I want to explore new worlds I want to be blown away by the environment around me... I got it
When I want to fight through trials with a character I created in a genius combat system that flows well... I got it.
When I make choices with the pro.ise and i.plication that I will see them pan out and be involved... you Rob me with comics and tales?

To hell with whoever made that decision.

To hell with Anthem.

To hell with Star Wars.

To hell with EA sports.

One of the most beloved and unique franchises to grace the 360 was literally killed off because the cool thing to do for two months was make memes about it.
Disgusting.

Damn you EA.

Something I was excited about and waited for for years is gone.

You didn't even allow or assign anyone to fix the pro elm. You cashed it and hid.

If I had the money for the rights to the game I'd hire the people to reboot it and continue myself.

Just one. Just one DLC to wrap up the loose ends... the Quarians... the Ankara... the scourge... one big DECENT LENGTH DLC I'd pay full game price for. That'd hold me off for UNTIL THE Decision was made to make a second Andromeda, or not. But I can't even see how my decisions playh out in this story.

That hurts man.
Message 85 of 119 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This made me officially sad when I saw the announcement Frown

Message 86 of 119 (1,753 Views)

★★ Novice

I 100% have a problem with this.  Just because a group of people cried about Andromeda they shouldn't stop the DLC.  Even more so after they didn't stop with ME3.  I remember all the hate over the ending and them pumping out more content for that, why can't they get off their butts and do the same for Andromeda?

Message 87 of 119 (1,560 Views)

Hero

@Enterphase wrote:

I 100% have a problem with this.  Just because a group of people cried about Andromeda they shouldn't stop the DLC. Even more so after they didn't stop with ME3.  I remember all the hate over the ending and them pumping out more content for that, why can't they get off their butts and do the same for Andromeda?

I think it's much more likely that they didn't believe DLC would be worth the investment. MEA's sales figures were disappointing, so I assume single player DLC wouldn't be very profitable.

The MEA developers (now part of Motive) are working on single player content for Star Wars Battlefront 2. I think that will be a much more successful game financially, so EA wants to invest in that more.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 88 of 119 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Wait... Wtf is this I just read? Only multiplayer support? Are you kidding me? We don't need more call of duty style games... I bought the games in the series because I like rpgs... Multiplayer is ok for the quick match or two but honestly it's * If it's the game's focus... EA, you ruined battlefront 1 too, making everyone who forked over the money for the season pass have to jump through hoops just to get to use the extra guns you paid for, and now this? No quarrian ark follow up in game after the in game rumor, no other dlc... There better be a sequel in the works, and it better not have multiplayer.
Message 89 of 119 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[admin edit: profanity removed]

Message 90 of 119 (1,500 Views)