Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Glennen_81

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

★★★ Novice
Hey guys, I'm an expat living in Poland, if I do buy the game is it possible to play it in English ? (English menu) thanks
Message 81 of 139 (2,455 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly, I bought Polish version through third party provider and learned about region lock only afterwards. Now I'm stuck with Polish subtitles(no refund from the provider), and can't even motivate myself to play the game since I always play with English language(polish translations are often of questionable quality and completely unimmersive for me). It sucks that all other EU regions can choose local and original language without problems. Really hoping for some english language pack arriving soon, as I feel borderline discriminated by this medieval policy.

Message 82 of 139 (2,425 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm bought game in UK but before i check the version of game it was region free wordwide so i bought it and i have English subtitles without possibility change to polish subtitles ..Wtf from when Poland isn't in Europe ..I'm know UK is quitting EU ..But not Poland
Message 83 of 139 (2,404 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in the same situation, there isn't even any option to disable the subtitles, everything is hardcoded in Polish, I don't even * speak Polish

Message 84 of 139 (2,387 Views)

★★★ Novice
We're screwed Frown
Message 85 of 139 (2,385 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don´t think we´re screwed. like it was in mass effect 3 you probably just have to put some files into a folder and maybe we will then be able to change it.

in your folder where you installed it

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\Data\Win32

there are 3 folders with     "loc" in the front :  loc      locfacefx     and loctext.   and for me there is just de.sb and de.toc in the first two but 7 in loctext so i think we just need these files.

I don´t wanna keep playing in German

Message 86 of 139 (2,289 Views)

★★★ Novice
PS4 Frown Frown Frown
Message 87 of 139 (2,285 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah i have a german version and only a german version. i can change the subtitles but not the spoken language and thats a huge issue for me, because i don´t wanna hear german when i am sitting in front of my pc and trying to play a game

Message 88 of 139 (2,275 Views)

@KHDL_Snowy

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-language-choice/m-p/5944434/highligh...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 89 of 139 (2,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@KHDL_Snowy
How did you change the subtitles? It won't allow me to change any language/subtitle settings.

Is there a way to just delete the loctext files?

Message 90 of 139 (2,262 Views)