Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Sithnester

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I faced the same problem with locked language as you.

It was terrible. I waited for this game since I'd finished the last one, years ago.

I wanted it in English, but did not have a choice because of my location, even though I bought the game online.

I went to support, waited 3 days, but they did not answer.

I had to ask for a refund, 'cos I could not understand neither written information nor my choice options within the game.

VPN might be the solution here 'cos it can make your IP "go" to another country were the desired language is available.

Though the game is huge to download it is still better then nothing.

In any case you would still officially buy the game and pay for it.

If EA is still living in the previous century and does not know about vast international community living in countries with dominant language different from their own, it's sad. Since they don't want to solve the problem, you might as well do it your way.

Have fun exploring!

Message 111 of 139 (2,156 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I live in Poland. I tried it. It was horrible. Apart from the translation having been made by a teenager (no adult would talk like this in a normal conversation..), I was starting to exibit split personality. What with listening to English vo and then having to read wheel options / lore / mission descriptions in Polish.

So want to know - whose idea it was and why I am being punished for not living in the "right" part of the world? Especially since this is not something extra, that would have to be added to the game. I just wanted base game, fcs!

My solution was to buy download code on UK Amazon. A very nice guy from EA helpdesk deleted Polish version from my Origin library and then I was able to finally install full English version.  So here's a solution, for those truly desperate. A bit expensive, though, But for me it was this, or stop playing (and never buying any new EA game), so I'm happy it worked.

Message 112 of 139 (2,141 Views)

★★★ Novice

To everyone who's participated in this discussion so far: as much as I want to say I respect your goals, I still find it rather difficult to believe you expected any better from a company with such... Troubled past.

You've all heard what people have got to say about this platform, Origin, yet you still seem so eager to throw your trust at them. Think about it: you come here to be heard, but all you ever get is neglection. I say, why not return the favor?

It's about time that you'd stick up for yourselves, folks. Remember, these people don't respect you, and no amount of joy a video game could bring is worth striking deals with their kind.

Message 113 of 139 (1,645 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is that I want to play the game but language choice is a deal breaker for me. If it is done to prevent piracy it is hurting paying customers more than it does to pirates, they will crack the game anyway (if they haven't already) and will provide all the languages along with it.

Message 114 of 139 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Novice
So if I buy the German version. Is it possible to play the game with English voices, subs and menu ?
Ps4
Message 115 of 139 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup. Same here. I'm playing demo and Polish subs are awful. I'm gonna wait with the decision to buy full version til it's fixed.

There is one solution. Unlock English substitles. What's the big deal?

Message 116 of 139 (1,378 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All we actually need is each and every singlu langtex file... even in installerdata.xml file all languuage choices has been setup but without those files we can do nothing

Message 117 of 139 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Quick(?) solution: http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5113/playing-russian-polish-versions-english

Follow instructions(or don't) and game will run on any language!

Instruction(My own): Download all(needed) files, place them in specified places(e.g. base of the game(Mass Effect Andromeda folder)), launch an AndromedaLanguagePatcher and be absosulutely happy!

Message 118 of 139 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

Is EA even aware of the EU existence? How about the European single market, freedom of relocation?

Is EA aware of the European law against such practices? If a product is available in one EU country, it must be available for all EU countries.

I'm allowed to legally move from, say, Ireland to Poland. I'm not required to have any permits or something and then EA decides I cannot play it in my native language which is available all across Europe. Even though it clearly exists and it's a matter of a couple of text files.

So, EA, what are you planning to do with your illegal practices?

Message 119 of 139 (755 Views)

@elistyar  schrieb:

Is EA even aware of the EU existence? How about the European single market, freedom of relocation?

Is EA aware of the European law against such practices? If a product is available in one EU country, it must be available for all EU countries.

I'm allowed to legally move from, say, Ireland to Poland. I'm not required to have any permits or something and then EA decides I cannot play it in my native language which is available all across Europe. Even though it clearly exists and it's a matter of a couple of text files.

So, EA, what are you planning to do with your illegal practices?

Look, I'm not a fan of this policy either, not at all.

But this just holds no water.

Of course you can play the game across the entire EU, only the language options change.
If you buy a International version in Ireland it will work, with all languages available in this version as well, if you move to Poland.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 120 of 139 (748 Views)