ME Andromeda - Option to disable Autosave

by Avanglion

Original Post

ME Andromeda - Option to disable Autosave

★★ Guide

I know a lot of people were whining about there not being enough autosaves, quantity- and frequency-wise, but I was never one of those.

Didn't need the feature back when it created 3 files, don't need it now when it spawns 10 files.

And I definitely don't enjoy it. Smart enough to make manual saves when I need them.

Please allow us to disable autosave creation similar to what we had in previous Mass Effect games.

Message 1 of 11 (5,809 Views)

Re: ME Andromeda - Option to disable Autosave

If you don't use them, why is it a 'problem' that they are there?

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 11 (5,789 Views)

Hero

This is such a strange request. Autosaves are seamless. You can just ignore that it's happening.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (5,778 Views)

★★ Guide

Autosaves are a must, especially in this game since someone decided not to put in the quicksaving feature. Really now, why are you so revolted on this, because it makes no sense ?

Why would you want this to be removed, its not like they are taking a lot of space, throughout the story you'll a have just a few files ?

Message 4 of 11 (5,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Kind of a necro but I don't care, I'm on my 3rd play through after taking an 8 month break from the game. 7 hours into this game iteration and there are over 430 autosaves because the game saves every minute -/+ 5-10 seconds between saves. Having an option to turn off autosaves or reduce the frequency would be nice, I'm not sure why people are defending it like zealots though. Some people like it, others don't, I don't see why people are butthurt about it. Luckily there is nexusmods, maybe someone made a mod for it already.

Also, they kinda do take up space, my 430+ saves take up about 636 MB. In the grand scale of things since I have 192 TB of storage space, it's not a big deal but it definitely is a big deal for some people that only run this game with a tiny 240gb SSD. And that's just this iteration of the game that's caused 430+ saves to appear, total time I've spent playing this game is upwards of 170+ hours. If the game saves every minute then that's 10,200 saves @ a whopping 14.8 GB of disk space, give or take based on it not saving on 60 second intervals but rather 50-55 seconds instead.

Message 5 of 11 (4,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe something is wrong with your version of the game? Maybe autosaves are often but they are automatically deleted. Maximum 9 autosaves I have. I play for the second time and I have 9 autosaves.

Message 6 of 11 (3,786 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on ps5 playing the ps4 version of andromeda and have so many save files...  Each time I start a new mission or significant event like new planet a save gets created.  And then all the autosaves are way too much overkill.   Saving 10 times in 10 minutes and never overwriting previous saves means within a few days of gameplay I had 0.5 gb on my hard drive full of unnecessary save files I'm never gonna use.

Now every time I start playing I'm having to delete all the crap saves I don't need to save space on my harddrive.

I understand some insanity players are going to want to respawn as close to where they died as possible and need regular saves but I'm not one of them and I don't want them.

At the very least autosaves should overwrite older ones... Maybe keep 10 - 20 at most and better still give users an option to control autosaves to their preferences.

I'm more of a play on normal and if I forget to save then that's my problem kind of guy. 

Message 7 of 11 (2,761 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DirkBrightblade 

There is a glitch on you system.
(Or maybe for the PS4?)

The number of Autosaves is normally restricted to 9 and the last one is overwritten by the newest one.

Patch 1.06 increased the amount of Autosave from 6 to 9, but as said, it should not be more than 9.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 11 (2,749 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe something to do with me playing ps4 game on ps5. 

I'm on version 1.10 and would appreciate ea looking in to this

Message 9 of 11 (2,739 Views)

@DirkBrightblade 

DirkBrightblade wrote:

Maybe something to do with me playing ps4 game on ps5. 

I'm on version 1.10 and would appreciate ea looking in to this

That might be, but I really can say for sure.

The problem is that the game is out of studio support for years now, meaning a fix for this is rather unlikely.

Did you contacted PS support? Maybe they know something about this problem?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 11 (2,734 Views)