Re: Keyboard issue in Titanfall 2

by EA_David

Original Post

Keyboard issue in Titanfall 2

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I was playing Titan fall 2 with my old keyboard without any problem.

I changed my keyboard recently and it was working fine with the new one too.

Today when typing an email i noticed that some keys are differents (old keyboard had belgian language, new one is french) so i changed the keyboard language in windows and now all is correct excepted in titanfall 2.

I have commands assigned to " : " and " ! " but both those keys gives a " / "

Can anyone help me ? 

Thanks ahead.

Message 1 of 8 (1,817 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Can you try resetting your keybinds fully then try to set the binds again?

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi David,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Resetting controls to default doesn't change anything.  I still have " / " assigned to 2 differents keys (" : " and " ! ")

EDIT : Is there a .cfg file that i can maybe edit manually ?  Found one at \Origin Games\Titanfall2\r2\cfg\config_default_pc but not sure i can edit it without crashing the game or so.

Message 3 of 8 (1,798 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. It might be a quirk of that keyboard/binding setup but there's something else I'd like to try first just in case. 

If you go to My Documents\Respawn\Titanfall 2\local you'll see settings.cfg

You can try deleting this to reset it, then try making the changes again in the game. Alternatively you can open it with notepad and have a poke around to set up custom keybinds.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deleting the file doesn't change anything.

I will try now editing it manually.

Message 5 of 8 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is odd.

Editing the conf file works for most of the keys.

But when i bind grenades (or anything else) to " ! " in the config file it will not appear when inside the game.  There is a blank space like if i didnt enter anything for that command.

Message 6 of 8 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Looks like the game is using a strange keyboard map.

Like when i am in the game and press ALT GR on a command it writes LCTRL instead.

Any idea welcome because i cannot play like that.

Message 7 of 8 (1,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Unfortunately I think any potential workarounds now would be a little tricky.

Perhaps you could try changing the language of your keyboard to English and see if the rebinds take then? It would be inconvenient to do so each time you want to play but perhaps it'd help. 

Another thing could be to try using some 3rd party software that changes your keyboard mapping, so for example your "!" button press is interpreted by the OS as a different unused character. Again you'd need to turn it on each time you play. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,776 Views)