Re: Just ultra-rares left to get now...

by Skauron

Original Post

Just ultra-rares left to get now...

★★★ Pro

Well, after the loot-xplosion of 1.09 patch, I just carried on playing games, on mostly gold and lower if it was an apex mission needing doing, but i've only just today finally managed to get myself to the same point i was at prior to 1.09 where i had maxed all the common/uncommon and rare characters+weapons.   I have got all the ultrarares past rank X and am mostly XV or higher on them, but today it as nice just to finally max out the rare weapon variants..   Rare cards in total are 1000 cards, so it was no easy achievement at all!!! (thx bw)

Hell of a grind-fest, now its back to maxing my UR characters.. i need 34 cards out of the 140 in total for those.. then its on to the UR weapons, which i've so far, not had as many of due to buying reserves packs. 

onwards n upwards!

Message 1 of 7 (1,101 Views)

★ Pro

I guess it's time then that BW adds a whole group of new weapons again and people can grind for more stuff yet again.

Message 2 of 7 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Pro

I highly doubt that will happen now they've announced no more patches.  There is a UR assault rifle incoming, but that's about it weapon wise.  3 more chars incoming too.

I highly doubt i'm up for another grind fest like 1.09 introduced, i think i'd be more likely to call it a day.   There is only so many games you can play before you tire of the endless grind of it all and no matter how many new maps they introduce, or changes to apex mission stats to try and make it more interesting, eventually it all just doesn't grab you the same way.

Message 3 of 7 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think also that that the 1.09 loot explosion patch in, was probably the last major patch and it left most people with that WTF feeling when they saw how many new cards were suddenly added to the pool all in one go.

Message 4 of 7 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Skauron

You know you want new weapons for fiend shredding. I feel we could use an N7 version of the old M-99 Saber, but will settle for a new AR.

Message 5 of 7 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It would also be nice (PLEASE) remove the ring from the cross-hair of the Crusader. Most new players think it shoots a pattern of shot and not a big slug, and makes it harder to aim.

Message 6 of 7 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Pro

I find the fiends shred just fine, is Behemoths and Progenitors that are my new favourites to take down now.  I find the biggest mistake pugs make is concentrating on the fiend and the Ascendent when there is a ton of lower mooks around.  If those mooks gather in force and flank you they often are what can potentially take you out.

That said though, I would prefer to see more people playing at the moment, been quite a number of times in the last week where i've tried to join a game and none have been found, and when i then end up in a lobby on my own as host have had quite some time before someone joins, and nothing is more sole destroying than when that person who joins is a rank 1 level 1-3 soldier with 112 apex rating.. thinking its fine joining a gold.  It's not.. it's just not.   but games have been a lot less frequent.. and due to this progress on UR's has slowed dramatically.

ANd its been declining like this since they made that official announcement!

Quality of Life suggestion as requested by BW? :    Well now the boot is firmly on the throat of the game, only more player numbers and games going on is going to save it.    AND that's from experience of late.

Message 7 of 7 (1,008 Views)