Re: Joystick control for flying spaceships in Starfighter Assault (PC)?

by A7LAS_X1

Original Post

Joystick control for flying spaceships in Starfighter Assault (PC)?

★★★ Newbie

Like many, I am very impressed with the art, trailers, and gameplay videos for the Starfighter Assault features to be released November 2017.

My main question is: will Starfighter Assault support Joystick control on PC? I want to be able to fly spaceships with a joystick.

I have fond memories of the 1990s X-wing flight simulator games, playing with a joystick--while I'm not looking for Battlefront II to duplicate that experience, I was hoping for something in the same ballpark, and piloting spaceships with a joystick was key to that experience.

Are there some types/brands of Joysticks that are known to work with Battlefront II? For example, the Logitech 963290-0403 Extreme 3D Pro or the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick?

Congrats to all of the developers, artists, and other creators of Battlefront II! It looks great.

Message 1 of 11 (4,908 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you need more competitive combat mode - then the keyboard's controls are much better for flying objectives.  

Nobody recommends the using of joysticks/gamepads in a highest competitive mode. Standard smile

Message 2 of 11 (4,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

don't look for "competitive" combat mode but flying with joystik/HOTAS will be great.

do SWBF II will support games controllers ?

just because flying with a stik (as driving with a steering wheel) is more imercive.

V.

Message 3 of 11 (4,742 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @rustyaka,

to try this out, I'd highly recommend checking out the open beta, starting tomorrow for those who pre-ordered, then open for everyone starting October 6. But from what I've seen at early stages at EA Play and Gamescom, the usual Microsoft (Xbox) controllers should work just fine.

Message 4 of 11 (4,734 Views)

★ Novice

If im thirsty water should work fine, but I'd preffer beer...
Enjoying starfighter assault on a joystick It's another experience...one that should be awesome to enjoy...please add support for joysticks like Thrustmaster T. Flight Hotas X, that would only improve such a great game...

Message 5 of 11 (4,503 Views)

★ Novice

@A7LAS_X1 it's about flying a tie fighter or a x-wing, not just a competitive thing...

Message 6 of 11 (4,462 Views)

★★ Apprentice

We always see lots of threads of this for each EA\DICE game. It would be nice to see this support out of the box like in previous games.

DICE eventually added it. It is possible. I have messaged a dev who got it in battlefield. 

For now I'm using x360ce. Its sort of working but makes it tough once on foot again since I had to turn off stick deadzones to make it really flyable. 

Message 7 of 11 (4,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

After the complaints of the joystick missing in BF, you would have guessed EA would allow a better game expeerience with joystick / HOTAS support.

Seems they still don't listen, and that is such a shame to the full fun of the game it could be.

Hope they implement joystick controll soon through a patch, cuz this seems again like a rip off not being able to prpperly set up my Saitek Rhino X55.

Shame on them !!

Message 8 of 11 (4,282 Views)

★ Novice
Tired of trying to make work and i cant. Only the trigger.
What's the point of this kind of game without the support for joystick?!
The argument about being more competitive with keyboard is totally absurd. People want to have fun, it's game!!!
Message 9 of 11 (3,920 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @interpolated!

I've made a script that can be used with the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS in Starfighter Assault using the TARGET software from the Thrustmaster website. I can upload the script on here if people are interested! (Also I've checked with TOS and it shouldnt get you banned if you use the script with the TARGET software). Just be warned that it's significantly worse than playing with keyboard & mouse :P

I can check if I can get it working with the TWCS Throttle, but I wouldn't count on it since you can't stand still in the game Frown

Message 10 of 11 (3,912 Views)